Quest 3 owners etc

They're iirc £387 from Very if you're a new customer and buy using their interest free credit option (which u can pay off immediately). Topcashback works with it too for some cash back.
I was in Currys a few days ago, hoped to be able to try the 3, I do have a quest 2, but all on display were non working copies of both headsets.

Looking at them side by side though the 3 headset itself is a lot thinner (40% I believe) than the 2, but taking what seemed a larger facial interface into consideration, the difference didn't seem that great maybe an inch or so.

So as the 3 is a little heavier than the 2, my instincts were, that it probably doesn't feel a great deal more comfortable than the 2 but as couldn't try it on I was none the wiser.

Meta's prices seem to be all over the place though, When I bought the 2 it was £299 a few months later it went up to £399, now on sale for £250, so given time and when eventually they phase the 2 out, I can see the 3 dropping in price, well hoping anyways.

Last edited:
I was in Currys a few days ago, hoped to be able to try the 3, I do have a quest 2, but all on display were non working copies of both headsets.

Looking at them side by side though the 3 headset itself is a lot thinner (40% I believe) than the 2, but taking what seemed a larger facial interface into consideration, the difference didn't seem that great maybe an inch or so.

So as the 3 is a little heavier than the 2, my instincts were, that it probably doesn't feel a great deal more comfortable than the 2 but as couldn't try it on I was none the wiser.

Meta's prices seem to be all over the place though, When I bought the 2 it was £299 a few months later it went up to £399, now on sale for £250, so given time and when eventually they phase the 2 out, I can see the 3 dropping in price, well hoping anyways.

The weight is 90% in the guts of the headset, the facial interfaces need depth to wrap enough of your face to block light. Where the 3 fits so much closer to your face, it's a lot more comfortable, as you don't have as much leverage of the weight that the 2 produces. Also when spinning, as it's closer to your face, there's less momentum pulling at your face/strap.

Has anyone tried a different IPD setting from what theirs is supposed to be? My optician told me my IPD is 68.
I've been using that number until last night when I tried 61 and it's really sharp whereas 68 isn't.

Has anyone tried a different IPD setting from what theirs is supposed to be? My optician told me my IPD is 68.
I've been using that number until last night when I tried 61 and it's really sharp whereas 68 isn't.

When did you last get your hearing checked?
50743288142_4132b2c759_o_d.gif

i used the "glasses on" app, i IPD was 62 or 63

bought lenses from hons VR said ipd was 63

i found i had to turn the ipd to its minimum settings to get the best out of it, but still not "perfect", i emailed HonsVR with the information they was asking me for , so they sent me new ones (unknown what they changed) and its spot on now, with IPD setting still at 62/63

Last edited:
Has anyone ever had trouble connecting to wi-fi? Today it took about 15 minutes including rebooting before my Quest 3 connected. In that time, my phone and laptop were connected to the wi-fi so I don't know why the headset took so long.

i have just watched a video of someone playing Asgard Wrath 1 through "Revive App" and he managed to do a thumbs up thing ok so maybe its just Virtual Desktop that it won't do it on

ill have another go tonight via VD now im on v.59 etc

i have just watched a video of someone playing Asgard Wrath 1 through "Revive App" and he managed to do a thumbs up thing ok so maybe its just Virtual Desktop that it won't do it on

ill have another go tonight via VD now im on v.59 etc
I’m playing Asgard Wrath using air link and not having any issues doing thumbs up.
Even played today doing it multiple times.

Back
Top Bottom