***Quest Pro Owners Club***

I know that, but they rely on accurately assessing exactly where the contact point is. If in an impact, the detector is jolted out of place, even slightly, then they're going to be buggered.
can they not be recalibrated via software for minor issues? (genuinely no idea as it isnt something i have looked into)

can they not be recalibrated via software for minor issues? (genuinely no idea as it isnt something i have looked into)

No idea. Imagine it ended up wobbling a bit! Maybe they're just as durable, it's just something I thought about as a potential reason that they may not be better in this particular instance.

BTW, The catalog shop swapped my controllers over, and they're working great. In fact the thumbsticks feel so much better. I didn't realize how much they had loosened up.

The manager went well out of his way to make sure I was happy, so I am glad in the end I bought the headset from them, and even more happy I bought the extended warranty which will cover the next couple of years.

I still think there's something fishy going on with the 1 year Meta warranty though. I swear it was 2 years when I bought the Pro.

Last edited:
Hi
I am probably just spitballing , i dont think i can justify it but just in case...........................

I currently have a quest pro and i have given my lad my quest 2.

does anyone here with a quest pro know if the quest 3 controllers can work on the quest pro?. My thinking is, if i get a quest 3 i would probably let my lad have the quest pro, certainly for the standalone stuff (i may still use my pro for PCVR).

however i definitely want to keep the pro controllers. i have googled but all i can find is people using the pro controllers on a Q3, but not whether i could use the quest 3 controllers on the pro.

has anyone here tried it?
Thanks
Mike.

Hi
I am probably just spitballing , i dont think i can justify it but just in case...........................

I currently have a quest pro and i have given my lad my quest 2.

does anyone here with a quest pro know if the quest 3 controllers can work on the quest pro?. My thinking is, if i get a quest 3 i would probably let my lad have the quest pro, certainly for the standalone stuff (i may still use my pro for PCVR).

however i definitely want to keep the pro controllers. i have googled but all i can find is people using the pro controllers on a Q3, but not whether i could use the quest 3 controllers on the pro.

has anyone here tried it?
Thanks
Mike.

I am not sure how you would even go about pairing the Quest 3 controllers with the Quest pro. But, even if you could, the Quest pro is designed to be used with self tracking controllers, I don't think it would be able to track at all with the Quest 2/3 controllers.

I am not sure how you would even go about pairing the Quest 3 controllers with the Quest pro. But, even if you could, the Quest pro is designed to be used with self tracking controllers, I don't think it would be able to track at all with the Quest 2/3 controllers.
isnt it just software tho? there is no special hardware in the quest 2 or 3 which the pro does not have is there (though i guess the camera placement on the pro may be less ideal for tracking the standard controllers than it is on the 2 or 3).
I realise it may be a long shot... but it isnt an entirely unforseeable feature request so meta may have built it into the pro for future proofing.

Last edited:
isnt it just software tho? there is no special hardware in the quest 2 or 3 which the pro does not have is there (though i guess the camera placement on the pro may be less ideal for tracking the standard controllers than it is on the 2 or 3).
I realise it may be a long shot... but it isnt an entirely unforseeable feature request so meta may have built it into the pro for future proofing.

Isn't it just software? Software is everything.

I don't know why Meta would bother going to all the trouble of programming the Quest Pro to work with the Quest 3 controllers. Not for something with such a small user base. How would it be future proofing anyway, the Pro controllers are more advanced than the Quest 3? Besides they didn't even leave the depth sensor in the Quest Pro.

You can't even use the Quest 3 controllers on the Quest 2 or the other way around.

The reason the Quest Pro controllers work on the Quest 2 and 3 is because they are self tracking.

Isn't it just software? Software is everything.
well sure, but what i meant was, there is a chance the software for both the quest pro and the quest 3 may be compatible given the nature of how the tracking may work.

i mean, maybe it isnt possible and if so fair enough but was why i asked the question for anyone who owned both headsets rather than guessing.

as for why is it future proofing? because most people would not want to junk a quest pro when they get a quest 3, but the quest pro controllers are the most advanced ones meta make, therefore it makes sense to pair them to the Q3 if you have them.... but it would be a good customer support option to then allow the quest 3 controllers to work with the pro as a "spare" or guest/child headset.

if its not possible then fair enough but i thought it was worth asking. If you are saying you are certain that it does not work, then, that is good to know and answers my question. Thanks.

Last edited:
The Q3 uses hand tracking and LED tracking simultaneously to track the controllers (as well as the IMUs), as the Touch Plus controllers have far fewer infra red LED tracking lights than ringed controllers. This probably requires more compute than the Quest Pro can support.

I much prefer the Pro controllers over the Touch Plus ones, mainly because they just feel better (heavier) and don't get occluded easily. That said the Touch Plus controllers track amazingly well.

Back
Top Bottom