***Quest Pro Owners Club***

Mine only says 1! For both my original headset and the one Meta replaced it with back in 2022.
actually........ i take that back. Not sure how legal it would be if i chased it up however i am 100% certain (would bet the farm on it) that on my account my quest pro was in a 2 year warranty after I registered it.

however now i log in and it says out of warranty.

I just checked the warranty FAQ..... it seems meta must have been slow removing the UK from the EU.. so another of those "Brexit Benefits" I guess. However i still wonder how legal it is to have it say 2 years on my account and then change it to 1 after the fact.

How Long Does Coverage Last? This limited Warranty continues for one (1) year from the date of purchase or
delivery of the Product, whichever is later (the “Warranty Period”). However, if you purchase the Product from within

the EU or EFTA, the Warranty Period shall be two (2) years.

Last edited:
It will be one year. You aren't in the EU.
like i said..... when i registered the device it DID say 2 years on my account. This has since changed. i am 100% certain as i double checked on registering it as it was bought "new, unused and sealed" from Ebay of some random person so i was interested in the warranty at the time.

like i said..... when i registered the device it DID say 2 years on my account. This has since changed. i am 100% certain as i double checked on registering it as it was bought "new, unused and sealed" from Ebay of some random person so i was interested in the warranty at the time.

Like you also said, you just checked it and it says out of warranty. They just corrected the info on your account. Meta only give 2 year warranties in the EU. It's because of the EU not Meta.

EDIT: I guess it would have been surprise though all the same to see the change!!

Last edited:
indeed. I would be interested to see if it is legal however to change the details on an account, certainly without contacting the account owner to inform them. It isnt something i am going to chase up as i have too many other issues going on right now than to stress over that, esp as my headset is (touches wood) working ok but imo its pretty off changing it.

indeed. I would be interested to see if it is legal however to change the details on an account, certainly without contacting the account owner to inform them. It isnt something i am going to chase up as i have too many other issues going on right now than to stress over that, esp as my headset is (touches wood) working ok but imo its pretty off changing it.

I am not sure about the legal side of things. I would imagine that it was just a mistake and they corrected it. It would be a complete waste of time chasing it.

As far as I know, when we left the EU the UK transcribed almost all EU law in UK law verbatim (Apart from changing 'EU' to 'United Kingdom' and a few of the regulatory bodies, etc.), and I don't think the warranty laws have changed since.

So I can't see how this is legal, and Meta is pulling a fast one there.

As I said before, this makes be glad I shelled out for the 4 year warranty.

Last edited:
Meta keep sending me emails offering me a refurbed (good as new) controller, and the price has now dropped to £129. Which to be honest isn't bad, but a 3 month warranty isn't good enough, plus I should be in warranty anyway. Hopefully I can get the controllers swapped tomorrow ok.

Back
Top Bottom