R8 Gone C63 AMG In !

Associate
Wow big congrats mate I love these cars

Was looking at getting a 2010 sedan model as I'm an Aussie Bloke who misses driving a V8. It was the £2800 insurance quote that turned me off as they don't recognise my driving record in Oz grrr. Not sure how many years I need to drive here before I can afford the insurance lol

Soldato
OP
It's quite honestly made me realise how much of a shed an Audi R8 is. I mean, I assume it at least at a HUD and soft close doors. Right? :p

You're telling me. Mine was an early R8 and the spec was quite honestly rubbish when I look back on it.

The MMI Audi Headunit didn't even have Aux input! coming to this car in terms of tech is night and day. However they did improve things in later models.

Soldato
Absolutely stonking noise these things make, well done! I'm sure it's probably been answered a million times, but what the hell do you do to afford such cars @ 27? I assume you're self employed in some regard? How can I copy you and buy a C63.

Soldato
OP
Absolutely stonking noise these things make, well done! I'm sure it's probably been answered a million times, but what the hell do you do to afford such cars @ 27? I assume you're self employed in some regard? How can I copy you and buy a C63.

I work in Retail as a Store Manager.

Have no other commitments so it's been fairly easy.

Soldato
Very nice car, my mate had one for a while but got a refund as Mercedes failed to fix some knocks and rattles on a brand new car with several visits to the dealers :( When he had a test drive he popped round mine and took me out in it - epic engine, sounds amazing and the power is just insane.

Not a fan of the dash and the nasty cheap android like tablet in the dash mind, really lets the interior down.

Still that soundtrack is just amazing!

Soldato
Very nice car, my mate had one for a while but got a refund as Mercedes failed to fix some knocks and rattles on a brand new car with several visits to the dealers :( When he had a test drive he popped round mine and took me out in it - epic engine, sounds amazing and the power is just insane.

Not a fan of the dash and the nasty cheap android like tablet in the dash mind, really lets the interior down.

Still that soundtrack is just amazing!

That's not this model C63, the tablet style dash is the current model.

Soldato

If you live at home with your parents or fully own your own home early in life, not having kids or even being DINK, cars like this are very easy to afford.

Man of Honour
If you live at home with your parents or fully own your own home early in life, not having kids or even being DINK, cars like this are very easy to afford.

I had a Mini 1000 that cost me 1000 when I lived at home with me mum. It was 40 quid a month on the loan, that was 1 weeks wages....before tax (not sure I was taxed).

Times they have changed, you kids..... :D

Soldato
OP

Just for the record I don't live at home :D

It's not having kids that helps really and the fact I don't drink at the weekend or go out much I'm quite frugal read : tight northern ****

Basically be a social hermit and don't have kids = C63, M5 etc on a normal job :D

Soldato
Wow big congrats mate I love these cars

Was looking at getting a 2010 sedan model as I'm an Aussie Bloke who misses driving a V8. It was the £2800 insurance quote that turned me off as they don't recognise my driving record in Oz grrr. Not sure how many years I need to drive here before I can afford the insurance lol

Try Aviva.

A few companies might do.

Soldato
Not sure if you've answered it, but what did you do with regards to warranty? I assume the M5 you had either included/ at the £800/£1000 per year? Same with the C63?

Back
Top Bottom