R8 Gone C63 AMG In !

Soldato
OP
I don't bother with them just have a fund set aside for my cars and top it up each month, I owned the M5 for nearly a year and the R8 and zero issues with either so I guess I've been lucky.

I've read C63 are pretty reliable no major horror stories with them and the engines seem bomb proof but time will tell! I may plan on selling my BMW and using it daily and getting the most out of it.

Trouble is the BMW is worth about 2p and probably worth keeping if I want to keep mileage down a bit off the C63

Caporegime
Not directed to the above people, however, BBC Article the other week following 4 couples and what they had to 'go through' to buy a home, they all gave answers similar to "we had to give up having 2 holiday abroad a year whilst we saved up" and "we had to save on food and only eat out once a week", like it was some major hardship and not worth the pain, what do they want, to be given a house?

I'd hate to ask them about pension contributions, they are probably spending it all on clothes or something.

Anyway i digress.

Soldato
It would be rather easier if you didn't constantly take baths on new audis?

Haha no doubt. However I don't regret driving a car I like and I do like TTs. I'll admit I could have made smarter purchases like getting a mk2 TTS instead of the TDI.

To be honest I have seen a place but the mortgage advisor that works for the developer says I 'can't afford it'. Which is b*****ks really as I think I could easily. Personally I don't want to rent somewhere - it just seems like a bad idea.

I'm working on getting a job promotion/pay rise, then I will have no issues getting it (or a mortgage through the bank) but this isn't the place to discuss. :)

Soldato
OP
Haha no doubt. However I don't regret driving a car I like and I do like TTs. I'll admit I could have made smarter purchases like getting a mk2 TTS instead of the TDI.

To be honest I have seen a place but the mortgage advisor that works for the developer says I 'can't afford it'. Which is b*****ks really as I think I could easily. Personally I don't want to rent somewhere - it just seems like a bad idea.

I'm working on getting a job promotion/pay rise, then I will have no issues getting it (or a mortgage through the bank) but this isn't the place to discuss. :)

If you've failed on affordability it's probably the car repayments that have done it...

Mortgage providers see that outstanding lump sum

Soldato
If you've failed on affordability it's probably the car repayments that have done it...

Mortgage providers see that outstanding lump sum

No they see the monthly payment. There is actually nothing stopping me from selling the car, getting the mortgage then 6 months later getting a new car again. Anyway I'll get it all sorted soon.

Soldato
How much are the TT repayments out of curiousity.

We are digressing massively, maybe time for this thread to come to an end

It is pointless to say. The deals have changed (Audi are now offering a few grand less deposit contribution) but its the options that seem to heavily affect the monthly cost. As no matter how many options to put on, the GFV stays pretty much the same. So the thousands of pounds spent on options has to come from somewhere - either the initial deposit or monthly payment.

Agreed lets not digress further.

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-24%20at%2021.16.07.png

Soldato
My rule in life which I've applied, if you can't afford it don't purchase it. This mentality does go out the window with some folk though.

I know of people that could purchase out right cars of incredible value. I've asked many a times why don't they treat themselves for once instead of driving £4-5k valued cars. Some are even petrol heads who do have the money there. The answer always is a car loses its value (unless it's something really special). Property does not. They have a different mindset. It's really interesting.

For me, I won't drive own my heroes. I will be let down as usual lol.

Soldato
OP
My rule in life which I've applied, if you can't afford it don't purchase it. This mentality does go out the window with some folk though.

I know of people that could purchase out right cars of incredible value. I've asked many a times why don't they treat themselves for once instead of driving £4-5k valued cars. Some are even petrol heads who do have the money there. The answer always is a car loses its value (unless it's something really special). Property does not. They have a different mindset. It's really interesting.

For me, I won't drive own my heroes. I will be let down as usual lol.

Boring

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
It is pointless to say. The deals have changed (Audi are now offering a few grand less deposit contribution) but its the options that seem to heavily affect the monthly cost. As no matter how many options to put on, the GFV stays pretty much the same. So the thousands of pounds spent on options has to come from somewhere - either the initial deposit or monthly payment.

Agreed lets not digress further.

6.3% Seems very high doesn't it? I am not up there with the world of car secured finance but you'd never dream of accepting an apr that high on other financial products :eek:

Man of Honour
6.3% Seems very high doesn't it? I am not up there with the world of car secured finance but you'd never dream of accepting an apr that high on other financial products :eek:

I'm sure it was just an example, but most people have zero idea about finance and when people, usually sales people, say "this is the best deal you will find anywhere or this is the best deal we can do" they believe them. What they actually mean is this is what Audi/BMW/Mercedes etc. has told me to pitch and that's different. A persons circumstance will have an impact on rates of course and this is why dealers build a one size fits most approach as it means they can draw up paperwork with limited effort and sell a car, but if you know what you're doing and the right people a few phone calls (if you have the time) will find a better deal.

Back
Top Bottom