• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

R9 290X Owners Thread

well, I am not firmly on my way back to AMD, instead of triple 290 4gb cards, this time on triple 8gb 290x's :)

Would have liked to hold out for the new cards, but hey ho.

Well, at this point am just hoping it's a smoother experience than when I left... especially BF4.

But at that point also had eyefinity. Am hoping things will be better on single 4K screen - with the added framebuffer :)

Here's a little teaser of what to expect. This was done with 3x290X 8GB Elpida reference cards, so you can probably expect slightly better performance from the PCS cards under water. :)

EDIT

Just realised the FPS is half cut off, doh! The perils of recording handheld via a digital camera. The quality is terrible too, guess a TN panel and a camera don't go well together Lol. :D

If you look closely you can still make out the numbers. The flat gpu line on the left will tell you how 'smooth' it is. Not one green spike in sight! I will put up a better vid later today with the FPS in it.

Last edited:
Here's a little teaser of what to expect. This was done with 3x290X 8GB Elpida reference cards, so you can probably expect slightly better performance from the PCS cards under water. :)

EDIT

Just realised the FPS is half cut off, doh! The perils of recording handheld via a digital camera. The quality is terrible too, guess a TN panel and a camera don't go well together Lol. :D

If you look closely you can still make out the numbers. The flat gpu line on the left will tell you how 'smooth' it is. Not one green spike in sight! I will put up a better vid later today with the FPS in it.

Cheers man.

May have to oc my 4790 again....

Back
Top Bottom