• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

R9 290X Owners Thread

Ah bugger, so much for getting everything sorted this weekend.

Have the Ek thermospheres, but it didn't cross my mind that I would need to buy additional mounting plates....

Oh well, will just have to stick with two for now. But dang, already the noise is bugging me, and that with two powercolor a PCs+

Well, if my brief test in Dragon Age and Battlefield 4 is anything to go by, AMD have done some decent work on drivers recently.

And this was just on two cards (Hopefully will remain the same when I can get them all in under water)

With Dragon Age absolutely maxed at UHD in DX11, frame rate was hovering mostly just under 30, but was still quite playable.

On mantle, similar frame rate, but felt very smooth indeed.

BF4 I only tested a little bit in DX11 last night, but absolutely maxed, it was quite smooth, and better frame rates than I was expecting.

Curious to see if my occasional stutters in Elite are gone...

Well, if my brief test in Dragon Age and Battlefield 4 is anything to go by, AMD have done some decent work on drivers recently.

And this was just on two cards (Hopefully will remain the same when I can get them all in under water)

With Dragon Age absolutely maxed at UHD in DX11, frame rate was hovering mostly just under 30, but was still quite playable.

On mantle, similar frame rate, but felt very smooth indeed.

BF4 I only tested a little bit in DX11 last night, but absolutely maxed, it was quite smooth, and better frame rates than I was expecting.

Curious to see if my occasional stutters in Elite are gone...

You'll be wanting Mantle in Bf4, even if DX11 feels good Mantle will be different gravy.

Back
Top Bottom