• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

R9 290X Owners Thread

Just gave it a go.

Last time I had 290's and tried mantle, I was not impressed.

It seems to have come along very nicely since then.

It was running superbly!

:cool:

Good stuff. Contrary to popular belief on this forum, the 290X's are stonking cards, especially when you start upping the resolution.

4K separates the men from the boys when it comes to video memory and memory bus. :)

hFgYTMl.jpg.png

Just to update the community. I bought the MSi R9 290X Lightning LE. As of today, it runs on 1160/1650 at +113mV/+0mV. The fans are quite noisy at those settings though and the temperatures get up to 80-81 degrees on the core at 70% fans. I will probably have to take it apart and change the thermal paste. Has any one of the owners tried this and does any of the owners have problems with temperatures and noise. My ASIC is relatively high (79.7) so I should be able to get it stable at higher clock speeds if I manage to keep it cooler ans quieter at the same time. Surprisingly, the good old Corsair HX520 still does not skip a beat and even does not spin its fan fast at load with overclock.

Just to update the community. I bought the MSi R9 290X Lightning LE. As of today, it runs on 1160/1650 at +113mV/+0mV. The fans are quite noisy at those settings though and the temperatures get up to 80-81 degrees on the core at 70% fans. I will probably have to take it apart and change the thermal paste. Has any one of the owners tried this and does any of the owners have problems with temperatures and noise. My ASIC is relatively high (79.7) so I should be able to get it stable at higher clock speeds if I manage to keep it cooler ans quieter at the same time. Surprisingly, the good old Corsair HX520 still does not skip a beat and even does not spin its fan fast at load with overclock.

Disappointing. I've just ordered one of these. How is the fan noise and heat at stock?

I'd be interested to see what one of those cards could do under water :D

Back
Top Bottom