• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

R9 290X Owners Thread

Guys. I rebuilt the machine last night with windows 8.1
I downloaded and had a quick bash at FarCry 4 this morning before going to work. Was much smoother than before but I don't know what fps as I don't have afterburner set up yet to display it.
I've set it to download all my other games today so I'll report back tonight. One thing I have noticed already is that the highest the temps got to was 84 degrees on one of the cards so that's a massive improvement already in that respect.

Good news. Get that fan replaced that you mentioned.

You're welcome to try the cards out in my case if you want to see how they would run? With my quick disconnects, it doesn't take long to swap over.

Guys. I rebuilt the machine last night with windows 8.1
I downloaded and had a quick bash at FarCry 4 this morning before going to work. Was much smoother than before but I don't know what fps as I don't have afterburner set up yet to display it.
I've set it to download all my other games today so I'll report back tonight. One thing I have noticed already is that the highest the temps got to was 84 degrees on one of the cards so that's a massive improvement already in that respect.

Done anymore testing yet mate?

Back
Top Bottom