• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** R9 290X Watercooling Thread **

Soldato
Soldato
Tbh, the heatsinks themselves only make a few degrees difference (maybe 5-10 at a push). It's more about the airflow available to them (both intake and exhaust), which, in the case of the MK-26, I've had doubts about.

Associate
What do you want me to say? You seem confident that a 360 rad is enough for gpu + cpu

I was asking what cpu he was using and if he had overclocked it out of curiosity as for all i know he is using something on stock. My following question should he answer would have been what his CPU temps were like. In my post i commented that i was trying to work out how many rads i need and never stated that i was confident it would be enough. I was asking because i don't know what i need and tbh was expecting some constructive advice not some useless comment.

Mobster
Soldato
I was asking what cpu he was using and if he had overclocked it out of curiosity as for all i know he is using something on stock. My following question should he answer would have been what his CPU temps were like. In my post i commented that i was trying to work out how many rads i need and never stated that i was confident it would be enough. I was asking because i don't know what i need and tbh was expecting some constructive advice not some useless comment.

well it depends on if you want silence or performance.

Associate
I'm not looking at benching etc although i will do a bit :)

Looking to get a 290 (non x) and put it in a loop with my 3570k, do you reckon a 360 and a 240 will be good enough for that?

Associate
Go on then while ive got your interest, it's going in a Corsair Air 540. What Pump and res?

Going to use an EK Supremecy Block and EK GPU full cover block.

Soldato
Mobster
Soldato

I have a Phobya 1080 (Basically 3 360 rads in one) Nova for my CPU and GPU and a Swiftech MCP35X pump for my setup and im currently leading or close to the leading score in most bench threads with a single 7970. Im also nr1 valid 3dmark firestrike single 7970 :).

If you want to clock 1350+ on a 7970 or 290x i suggest you get more cooling than 240 + 360.

Associate
I have a Phobya 1080 Nova for my CPU and GPU and a Swiftech MCP35X pump for my setup and im currently leading or very close to the leading score in most bench threads with a single 7970. Im also nr1 valid 3dmark firestrike single 7970

Nice! :)

I'm probably a bit more amateur than that haha, it will be my first WC loop so i have a bit to learn yet.

Mobster
Soldato
Tbh Ranger, I think it's more down to your card being a very good clocker to begin with :)

It is indeed a good clocker, but once you start pushing it every single degree will matter. And ive got some tricks up my sleeves to squeeze out every little drop of performance. Its literally the difference of stutter and not stutter (Which would result in a bad 3dmark/valley score)

So if he's REALLY gonna push his card/cpu he should get more than 240 + 360.

Back
Top Bottom