• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon FURY thread

Associate
I am a little mystified at why people thought these might come in at under £400 when AMD themselves told us the price was $549 which with VAT is £426.

At £450 you may as well buy the 980ti, that can now be bought for under £500 and its a far superior card, will AMD never learn? I doubt it

Associate
Absolutely gutted by those prices. Are AMD trying to commit financial suicide here? Oh well, I think I'll wait until after my holidays and see what has happened around the beginning of August. I too have money burning a hole in my pocket and have been waiting ages for these cards.

If AMD cant persuade people like me to buy now....God help them!!! ...and dare I say it.....I might get pushed into going to team green here (Said through gritted teeth) :rolleyes:

Caporegime
You need to knock 100 quid off all AMD GPUS for them to make sense right now.
430 for the FuryX make it a good alternative to the 980Ti
350 For the Fury makes it stack up nicely against the 980 and be considerably cheaper than the 980Ti.
300 for the 390X makes it a bit cheaper than a 980 for a slightly slower card that draws much more power.

At those prices the AMD options look to be on par and offer a choice. They aren't obvious winners but in line. Knock another 30 off and they become more attractive than nvidia's offerings, and another 20 again (so in total a 150 quid drop) and they would sell extremely well: FuryX for 400 vs 980Ti for 500, Fury for 300 vs 980 for 360, etc.

Soldato
You need to knock 100 quid off all AMD GPUS for them to make sense right now.
430 for the FuryX make it a good alternative to the 980Ti
350 For the Fury makes it stack up nicely against the 980 and be considerably cheaper than the 980Ti.
300 for the 390X makes it a bit cheaper than a 980 for a slightly slower card that draws much more power.

At those prices the AMD options look to be on par and offer a choice. They aren't obvious winners but in line. Knock another 30 off and they become more attractive than nvidia's offerings, and another 20 again (so in total a 150 quid drop) and they would sell extremely well: FuryX for 400 vs 980Ti for 500, Fury for 300 vs 980 for 360, etc.

Lisa Su says no.

Associate
What's disappointing is even with new tech like bleeding edge hbm they struggle against Nvidias current products so Pascal should absolutely blow everything else out of the water....but at a high price, even if they kept at 28nm with the Maxwell architecture but with hbm there would be a performance increase so it's scary to think what a die shrink, new architecture and hbm will bring

Caporegime
I don't understand the 4gb HBM.

As cards pitched at 4K, what the hell?

AMD simply didn't,have the choice, high capacity stacks simply weren't ready in time. No doubt when they commited to HBM they had expectations if 8GB available for FuryX and 4 or 8 for Fury.

Back
Top Bottom