• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon FURY thread

Underboss
Oh AMD what have you done. That's it then for me, the final nail in the coffin.

980Ti it is. Can't begin to imagine how much of a fanboy you must be to pick this over a 980 or a 980Ti tbh.

Kind sad also, Nvidia have more than the lions share of the market now, there goes a price war.

Associate
OP
From here onwards the name of AMD will be stricken from all tablets and oblisques and websites.

£300-350 and I would have bought, AMD PR should be fired. I doubt more than 5% will sell.

Soldato
I am pro AMD and prefer them over Nvidia, but never to the point where I would throw money at an overall inferior product.

I can understand that AMD are no longer happy to be considered cheap alternatives, but surely they have to at least be a viable alternative if they are priced similarly. 290X was only marginally slower than 780Ti and even had the benefit of 1GB extra VRAM. Yet it was considerably cheaper. Fury on the other hand is considerably more expensive than a similarly performing GTX 980. WTF AMD :confused:

Fury truly does defy the odds by being a GPU that offers nothing over a considerably cheaper alternative. Couple this with the fact measurably faster 980Tis can be purchased for only £50 more is a massive nail in Fury's coffin.

It's ironic really as when Nvidia do this the Nvidia fans still lap them up (780Ti vs 290X AIB).

Fiji is a failure as far as AMD are concerned. This is the 1st time I can remember a GPU launch actually helping the opposition. Fiji is so lacklustre people are flocking to purchase superior Nvidia products.

390X - rebrand of 290X with a massive price hike and extra 4GB VRAM = Meh
Fury X slower than 980Ti, pump noise issues, locked voltage = Massive advert for Nvidia products
Fury Pro massively overpriced and offers nothing tangible over nine month old GTX 980. = Pointless

At least you fixed the poor stock cooler. Go AMD:rolleyes:

As much as I pains me to agree, I do. The thing is though AMD have not said anything with regards to is performance since release which leads me to believe they may well have a trick up their sleeves still. Windows 10 is out in just over a week and I think that will change things.

One of 2 things will happen, those who have a fury or fury x will feel robbed. Or they will feel smug at the shear power released by dx12.

Associate
As much as I pains me to agree, I do. The thing is though AMD have not said anything with regards to is performance since release which leads me to believe they may well have a trick up their sleeves still. Windows 10 is out in just over a week and I think that will change things.

One of 2 things will happen, those who have a fury or fury x will feel robbed. Or they will feel smug at the shear power released by dx12.

Let's hope so.....

Ive hung on this long, planned on getting a Fury X, have the money burning a hole in my pocket, then with the low stock and pump noise decided i'd see how the Fury non X would compare to my ref 290 both in price and performance.

What a let down so far.

I'll give it a few more weeks, wait until Win10 is out and see if anything changes. If not im going to jump the AMD ship and get a 980ti...

Stu

Stu

Soldato

You'd keep quiet and hide too, if it was your product! The shame!

Soldato
AMD needs to react fast if sales are poor. We need price competition not some crazy ambition to become a expensive brand name.
AMD was always about price to performance but right now it is nowhere near that. Every Fury card they have should be reduced by around 50 quid to effectively compete against Nvidia otherwise they will lose even more market share.

Back
Top Bottom