• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon FURY thread

Caporegime
At this point it looks like only Sapphire and ASUS are to release a Fiji Pro based Fury card, I've talked to Gigabyte and they are not planning this SKU. MSI as well will not release one short term, but internally they are still discussing it.

Doesn't sound good.

Caporegime
LI haven't seen a single review to support your or Flopper's blinkered stance.
Chery picking the odd game here and there doesn't make it true.

Coming from the person that wields the word "fanboys" around without a hint of irony that's quite the statement. There's plenty of reviews out there that puts the fury on par with the ti especially at the res I play at which is 4k. I don't consider 2 or 3fps either way a "win or a lose" in any scenario as its within a margin of error and most likely will improve as things more on.

Caporegime
Hmmmmm, the AMD FX performance 'slide' is still fresh in our memories. Think will wait till proper reviews arrive ;)

Indeed, we could take AMD's FuryX performance slide and make the same downward adjustment to the Fury to see a more representative benchmark. Or we could wait until tomorrow. :D

I expect the Fury to suffer the same issues at resolutions less than 4K , so the Fur could be a good bit faster than a 980 at 4K but neither card are really what you want for that resolution.

Caporegime
Coming from the person that wields the word "fanboys" around without a hint of irony that's quite the statement. There's plenty of reviews out there that puts the fury on par with the ti especially at the res I play at which is 4k. I don't consider 2 or 3fps either way a "win or a lose" in any scenario as its within a margin of error and most likely will improve as things more on.

The difference is I'm a fan of technology, not companies. AMD and Nvidia are all the same to me. Not joining an AMD circle jerk doesn't make me a Nvidia fanboy.

And you are just plain wrong, the evidence is there in black and white, even now you have shifted the goal post and specified an exact resolution, that just closes the gap.

The FuryX performs well and i am not in the slightest disappointed or surprised by its performance and it does enough to keep Nvidia on its toes, but under no definition can you say the FuryX performs as well as a 980Ti. That is just a lie.

Last edited:
Caporegime
So same with fury x it does ok at 4k but slower or similar performance at 1440p and it's a dog at 1080p.

I hope they price it right and I bet there is little to no stock

The GUru3D link seems to sugegst this card will be pretty rare since few vndors seem to be bothing with that SKU.

hoepfuyl that is because the Fury Nano is just way better and so a standard Fury makes no sense.

Caporegime
I expect the Fury to suffer the same issues at resolutions less than 4K , so the Fur could be a good bit faster than a 980 at 4K but neither card are really what you want for that resolution.

Hell man, I game at 4k and I wouldn't buy it!! Lack of vRam and any kind of meaningful overclockablility makes it a no-no in my eyes :)

Associate
hmm if this beats the 980 by a decent margin, I'll possibly consider this as my next upgrade. But most likely Nvidia will respond by lowering the price of the 980.

Caporegime

Buying a 4GB card for 4K is not particularly wise long term though, there are already videos floating around with big pauses where paging to main memory is likely occuring.

This for one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hnuj1OZAJs (notice when the first major stutter occurs that VRAM has emptied itself by about 1GB).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom