• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon FURY thread

Caporegime
So no video's to show me the lowered quality that you keep saying then?

And what card is AMD's flagship competing against? I am not putting the Fury X down btw and I wouldn't have bought one if I didn't want to see what HBM and what AMD could achieve with it.

I'm not going to have this argument again with you, had it not been pointed out to you that your BF4 run looks like the TX is running Medium to High quality settings it would still stand as "loosing quite badly"
Your new video with proper settings there isn't all that much difference between them despite your TX still being overclocked.

Its not "loosing quite badly" so which video are we talking about here?

Last edited:
Associate
Regarding 1080P if that was your res their are good much cheaper options like GTX 970 / R9 390 over say a Fury X or 980 Ti. Fury X really is targeted for higher resolutions.

Peace.

However, GTX 970 / R9 390 are much slower than 980 Ti at 1080p; why would you get either, if you can afford a Ti? :confused: Benchmarks show there's no such thing as overkill.

Soldato
However, GTX 970 / R9 390 are much slower than 980 Ti at 1080p; why would you get either, if you can afford a Ti? :confused: Benchmarks show there's no such thing as overkill.

Yeah I'm not sure why the confused face.

All I'm saying is this, the Fury X really is a card designed for higher resolution, it does really well at 4K. Wins some loses some against the 980 Ti.

If you're not at 4K then maybe look elsewhere.

Cheers.

almost 3 pages of trolling or off topic bickering.

Welcome to the Graphics Forum :)

Caporegime
With VSR i don't know why anyone would want to run 1080P with a capable GPU.

Hell mostly i run 1440P, if i had a Fury-X i would probably run 1800P, its far more at home at that sort of res anyway, just as the 290 is far more at home at 1440P than it is at 1080P

Associate

For the constant 100+ fps? I know I do, I know many others who do as well. The 144Hz screens are not selling cos of their sublime colour accuracy or Bang&Olufsen -like design nous.

Caporegime
For the constant 100+ fps? I know I do, I know many others who do as well. The 144Hz screens are not selling cos of their sublime colour accuracy or Bang&Olufsen -like design nous.

Yeah if its competitive FPS like BF4 i agree, i run 1080P in BF4 to get those 100+ FPS, but car racing games, RPG'e ecte.... about 80% of my games are set to 1440P, including Metro LL, some games like Dirt 3 i have at 1800P and would easily run at 2160P with maximum IQ if i had that option.

If all you play is competitive First Person Shooters then all you want if as hight FPS as possible. a lot of people even run minimal IQ setting on GTX 980 SLI / 290X CF to get silly FPS.

anything else more than 60 FPS isn't important. IMO

Associate
Yeah I'm not sure why the confused face.

All I'm saying is this, the Fury X really is a card designed for higher resolution, it does really well at 4K. Wins some loses some against the 980 Ti.

If you're not at 4K then maybe look elsewhere.

Cheers.

Whilst I could not agree more, this is a forum of enthusiasts that are after the very best. You guys know your stuff (amended from a swear word:p ) and that's really funking impressive! I can't wait for the reviews to come and see what you have to say! Minus the fanboy garbage of course ;)

Associate
4GB vram is an upgrade for me coming from a 780Ti, this years nvidia cards havent really made me excited, 980 was only marginally better than the 700s and TX was overpriced so by the time 980Ti appeared I'd already decided to look towards AMD side, since I knew they were working on the new memory technology and seemed to be working more enthusiastically and openly with VR technology.

I think its too soon to say whether the Ti is objectively better than the FX but even so I dont really mind too much if the Ti edges it
because there are other factors like having to pay extra for G-sync

Last edited:
Permabanned

Hell mostly i run 1440P, if i had a Fury-X i would probably run 1800P, its far more at home at that sort of res anyway, just as the 290 is far more at home at 1440P than it is at 1080P

I prefer to use vsr and run games at 1440 on my 1080p monitor however there is a lot of games that vsr does not work with.

Soldato
Whilst I could not agree more, this is a forum of enthusiasts that are after the very best. You guys know your stuff (amended from a swear word:p ) and that's really funking impressive! I can't wait for the reviews to come and see what you have to say! Minus the fanboy garbage of course ;)

Will the Fury's be on sale from tomorrow?

Caporegime
Its a real shame they didn't do a variation of the fury shroud for this card, while third party coolers are fine the fury x shroud is really high quality. Would be nice to have seen it trickle down to the fury and 300 series like the slides suggested, then again it probably had the same annoying fan so maybe third party coolers are the better bet.

Back
Top Bottom