• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon RX 480 "Polaris" Launched at $199

Caporegime
Landed price = in your warehouse and all taxes paid ?

I suppose it's down to how much over the $200 your "landed" price is !?

And how much margin they deem acceptable. Without knowing that, we're in the dark.

But the fact that Gibbo has come out and told us that his "landing price" is >$200, indicates to me that he's softening us up for a flurry of blows to the groin :p

Soldato
Lol, if theyre too expensive you just buy summat else, its not like a high end card where you dont have a choice when you want the best and ya have to just pay a premium.

Associate
Assuming the performance / price is just right, you and me both :)

I am also looking to upgrade from a 7950 (although my card is still performing well)

I will never pay more then 250 pounds for a card and want roughly 100% perf boost

Usually that means getting an "older" card heavily discounted but now I will be able to buy a card based on the latest technology for a good price ...I'm excited

Associate
Meldarthx makes a good point. Driver maturity, which in the case of AMD is true, and support cards in long term.

See the R9 290 is 4 years old card. See its performance boost those 4 years and got full DX12 support.
Even if didnt had it on the sticker (as some argued that for the GTX9xx series against the R9 )

Now see the GTX780

Thank you :) we've seen new drivers have 3dmark scores jump a lot; same with frame rates - why I've kept it where I've said it at; 980+ speeds in DX 11 and between nano and fury in DX 12 at the start.....I do think it will get faster over time as arc changes will take a little time fully get all the speed out of it....but; we've seen some great changes with drivers in the last 6+ months

Associate
if there is price gouging I can wait for a little while and find cheapest price and if I don't like the place; get a price match; but more people keep trying to raise the price; more likely that will happen.

the 4G should fall just alittle bit below 200; more like 195; and we should see 8g ref at 220; that gives decent margins......the aftermarket cards we should see starting at 230......any higher will be price gouging....

Soldato
Didnt Gibbo say recently typically they look at between 10-20% markup for margin? sometimes lower and normally try to hit MRSP where possible?

Say they landed for $230 and they add tax @ 20% brings these to approx $276 and add say 20% markup this is $330 pretty much. This still only equates to like £225....

Associate
For those of you thinking that the 4gb will be <£200, and the 8gb <£215, I'd suggest revising your pricing expectations waaaaay higher.

OcUK will not be selling these cards a) at cost, b) with tiny margins.

Gibbo very generously broke down the costs a while back. It went something like credit/bank exchange cost + 30-40% to account for VAT, sensible margins and so on. If bank exchange cost is around 1.4 (given £/$ = 1.46) then taking that 40% figure gives you exactly $=£.

So if 8GB is MRSPd by AMD at $229, the £ cost should be around £229.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
RX 480 8GB Reference card £199.99 will sell well. I will pre-order one as soon as it goes up for sale here. I like my haribo's Gibbo, so make it happen ;)

Not sure why people think it will be more. I do not see why it would be above this price to be honest. Gibbo said there is plenty stock. There seems to be plenty stock world wide from what I gather. The 8GB is $229 (£160 at most) plus VAT £32 makes it £192, so even with extra gouging is still under £200.

Last edited:
Caporegime
RX 480 8GB Reference card £199.99 will sell well. I will pre-order one as soon as it goes up for sale here. I like my haribo's Gibbo, so make it happen ;)

Not sure why people think it will be more. I do not see why it would be above this price to be honest. Gibbo said there is plenty stock. There seems to be plenty stock world wide from what I gather. The 8GB is $229 (£160 at most) plus VAT £32 makes it £192, so even with extra gauging is still under £200.

I think the early leaks of prices from UK retailers will be correct. Expecting ~£230.

The 1070 is supposed start at ~£315 with straight conversion + VAT but instead starts at £365.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I think the early leaks of prices from UK retailers will be correct. Expecting ~£230.

The 1070 is supposed start at ~£315 with straight conversion + VAT but instead starts at £365.

But Jono, there is a difference, there are hardly any 1070's in stock, so you can expect a lot of price gouging. Once initial demand is met and stock levels are back to normal, those price will come down.

Pretty sure we will see 1070 under £350 in a couple of month's time, maybe earlier.

Last edited:
Associate
They will go like Hotcakes

It happened with the 1080 - Everyone was complaining yet when it was time to pay- Loads of Folk coughed up to the point the Website was under Real pressure.

Everyone can put forward their own opinions & beliefs but at the End of the day it wont sway people who have the ability to make their own informed decisions without the Naysayers

Back
Top Bottom