• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon RX 480 "Polaris" Launched at $199

Soldato
you missed where i said the slides are fake. go back and read the entire post and why i posted that image.
Yea, but the numbers could still be right, blah blah blah.

I've currently got an XFX 290DD, Asus 290 DCUII and a 970 G1 spread across 3 PCs. I only really use two of them on a regular basis, the third PC has barely been used. Thinking of selling them all and hopefully just about covering the cost, or coming close for 2 RX480 8GB. Seem like a worthwhile switch?
Depends on how much you get for your cards.

Soldato
Yea, but the numbers could still be right, blah blah blah.

Depends on how much you get for your cards.

The numbers are exactly the same as the videocardz ones, unless the results were made by someone in sapphire themselves then i doubt sapphire spiel would show the exact same values. There would be variance in the results as with any run.

Plus they wouldn't upload their own results to the 3Dmark database since it breaches NDA.

Associate
This, good people, should be your wake up call.

OcUK already hinting that the margin isn't sufficient to sell at AMD's RRP.

For those of you thinking that the 4gb will be <£200, and the 8gb <£215, I'd suggest revising your pricing expectations waaaaay higher.

OcUK will not be selling these cards a) at cost, b) with tiny margins.

I got absolutely slammed and ripped into on this thread the other day for saying I reckon the cost would be from £250-300 for 8GB ref and aftermarket versions.

Looking likely aye.

Caporegime
This, good people, should be your wake up call.

OcUK already hinting that the margin isn't sufficient to sell at AMD's RRP.

For those of you thinking that the 4gb will be <£200, and the 8gb <£215, I'd suggest revising your pricing expectations waaaaay higher.

OcUK will not be selling these cards a) at cost, b) with tiny margins.

Where does it say that? Gibbo has quite often said they make only a tenner of some gfx cards and margins are tight.

He dais the card hsa come in at over $200 and AMD list price is what? $239 isnt it?

So there is a 10 to 15% profit margin to be had there.

Of course if ocuk need a 50% prefit margin then they will be £300 ;)

Associate
Oh it's likely.

and as it was pointed out; if there was no stock you'd be right; but as its been pointed out there will be stock - not like the very limited run on Nvidia's side.

Gibbo's pointed out how he does things - which when added up puts 4g just shy of 200 pounds and the ref 8g about 220.......aftermarket cards should then been 230+

Now if there is little stock then your prices would be right; unless there's price gouging.....

Back
Top Bottom