Rainbow Six: Siege (PS4 & Xbox One)

Soldato
Put a ridiculously low bid in for this on the bay and won it. From what I've read it's improved massively since launch. Is there still a lively community? Any basic pointers? Will my noob ass be decimated every round?
Ta.

I've done all I can with The Divison, need something to occupy myself while I wait for Ghost Recon.

Soldato
I played it again yesterday for the first time in a while. No issues getting games, loads of people playing (on Xbox One at least, can't speak for PS4 but I doubt it's any different). I've only ever played solo but I imagine it's much more fun playing with friends.

Soldato
Not played for a good four months or so, but did play with a group of PSN friends 75% of the time and as a team, it's bloody brilliant. Alone can be fun too, but you need a decent team to communicate with.

Any new maps I should be aware of ?

Soldato
I've had this since launch on pc, played a bit then but dropped off pretty quick. I'm not on XB1x and wonder if it's worth retrying it? I hear the player base has just gone from strength to strength and it sounds like a big game now.

Thoughts? Currently £15. Will it be confusing? I remember even at launch the screen seems cluttered with all this stuff to buy etc it almost felt like a free to play sort of thing in the menus

Soldato
I've had this since launch on pc, played a bit then but dropped off pretty quick. I'm not on XB1x and wonder if it's worth retrying it? I hear the player base has just gone from strength to strength and it sounds like a big game now.

Thoughts? Currently £15. Will it be confusing? I remember even at launch the screen seems cluttered with all this stuff to buy etc it almost felt like a free to play sort of thing in the menus

I have played this on and off since launch. Ubi have made an excellent RS game. It does have a slight F2P / P2W model to it, depending how you look at it. You unlock your characters by purchasing them with points you unlock from playing or you can buy the yearly season pass to unlock them immediately. This game has been supported very well since launch with tons of free content and puts a lot of other shooters to shame IMO. It is well worth £15 IMO.

*Before you re-try it, try it on the PC?

Soldato
I have played this on and off since launch. Ubi have made an excellent RS game. It does have a slight F2P / P2W model to it, depending how you look at it. You unlock your characters by purchasing them with points you unlock from playing or you can buy the yearly season pass to unlock them immediately. This game has been supported very well since launch with tons of free content and puts a lot of other shooters to shame IMO. It is well worth £15 IMO.

*Before you re-try it, try it on the PC?

Thanks for the reply, it does look like support has really turned the game around. I'm not too concerned about the in game purchases as you say it can be earned. I then saw the game for 8.99 on CD keys so snapped it up, I probably should have popped back on pc for a look now you mention it :D

Installing now, and tbh a fresh start will probably be a benefit as I remember there being a fair bit to learn

Associate
New DLC out for this today. 3 new ops and a map to add to the massive list.

Love this game, its one of the only shooters that gives me a sense of *accomplishment* nowadays and all the DLC is free if you want it to be.

Tense matches are great when they have your heart going. Nothing like an R6S jump scare lol.

That said it's really relaxing at the same time.

Highly recommended if your into shooters.

Last edited:
Soldato
New DLC out for this today. 3 new ops and a map to add to the massive list.

Love this game, its one of the only shooters that gives me a sense of accomplishment nowadays and all the DLC is free if you want it to be.

Tense matches are great when they have your heart going. Nothing like an R6S jump scare lol.

That said it's really relaxing at the same time.

Highly recommended if your into shooters.
Recently picked it up and do love it. Need more time to get used to it but had some great encounters already. I dint quite understand the season pass system, from what I can tell is the 3rd year expansion pass is out soon, but what then happens to the year 1 and 2 content? Is there a way to get it all? At the moment I'm happy just playing as I am and unlocking what I fancy. Nice that it doesn't split the player base

Associate
Recently picked it up and do love it. Need more time to get used to it but had some great encounters already. I dint quite understand the season pass system, from what I can tell is the 3rd year expansion pass is out soon, but what then happens to the year 1 and 2 content? Is there a way to get it all? At the moment I'm happy just playing as I am and unlocking what I fancy. Nice that it doesn't split the player base

All the content stays in the game usually bar a few limited time skins (which normally come back later). You can buy the season passes still if you want but in that scenario, assuming you don't have time to unlock them free, you could just buy the latest complete version of the game.

They recently changed the map system to a rotating quarterly playlist, because there were too many maps, so newer people can concentrate on learning a set number of maps. I think they put 9 maps at a time in the ranked rotation and more/all in casual. They are re-doing a couple of the season 1 maps too. I liked the boat map but they took it out this quarter on ranked.

You will learn the most from playing ranked but it's hard at first. I got 10x better playing ranked and now sit at around gold 3. For a long time I was in the low bronzes but by watching other players I quickly got the best spots down.

Last edited:
Soldato
All the content stays in the game usually bar a few limited time skins (which normally come back later). You can buy the season passes still if you want but in that scenario (assuming you don't have time to unlock them free) you could just buy the latest complete version of the game.

They recently changed the map system to a rotating quarterly playlist (because there were too many maps) so newer people can concentrate on learning a set number of maps. I think they put 9 maps at a time in the ranked rotation and more/all in casual. They are re-doing a couple of the season 1 maps too. I liked the boat map but they took it out this quarter on ranked.

You will learn the most from playing ranked but it's hard at first. I got 10x better playing ranked and now sit at around gold 3. For a long time I was in the low bronzes but by watching other players I quickly got the best spots down.
I didn't realise that about map rotation, cheers! I was thinking that map knowledge is key and did worry that I would never get comfortable on 1 map as there are so many, so limiting the count in a rotation is Great.

Soldato
This game just keep pulling me back in, absolutely love it. Never paid actual money for operators so it can be a real grind depending on how often you play. I think I need to get back into ranked to earn more RP per game. Out of all the maps they have released I think my favourite has to be House and Presidential Plane. I need to get back playing with mates on mics, too. Games can be won without mics playing with random's but with mics is where RS comes into it's own.

Soldato
This game just keep pulling me back in, absolutely love it. Never paid actual money for operators so it can be a real grind depending on how often you play. I think I need to get back into ranked to earn more RP per game. Out of all the maps they have released I think my favourite has to be House and Presidential Plane. I need to get back playing with mates on mics, too. Games can be won without mics playing with random's but with mics is where RS comes into it's own.

I'm really enjoying it! Have ups and downs of games with a good team and then games with tkers but I suppose that's casual :D

Trying to branch out to new Ops. Grabbed Jager and Thatcher last night, they seem a bit more involved but I like them so far. Only level 15. Really hope they do an Xb1x patch to boost the visuals a tad, just a resolution bump would be nice. It's not ugly as it is mind. It's been so well supported that playing it now feels like a 2017 game.

Can't believe this thread is so barren for one of the biggest shooters out there at the moment. Something like 25million registered players at a recent count, 2.5ish million playing every day!

Certainly loads to learn, map knowledge is clearly really important so hopefully I can start to get a feel for the layout.

I was just reinforcing any walls then decided to actually check the other side now and noticed some of them lead to pointless places that dont need protection :)

Soldato
I was just reinforcing any walls then decided to actually check the other side now and noticed some of them lead to pointless places that dont need protection :)

Yeah, sometime I find reinforcing the next wall out (if that makes sense) is better. I really enjoying playing as Twitch, camera knowledge is great, driving my little drone shooting out all the cameras and defender gadgets helps so much.

Back
Top Bottom