Random 3D printing chatter

Man of Honour
I did give you the link to the manual that told you....

Here you go https://www.antclabs.com/manual you want the V1 manual..

I did look the manual suggets:

#define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 0 //Your BLTouch X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDE
#define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -23 //Your BLTouch Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDE
#define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -1.5 //Your BLTouch Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDE

But measuring with a set of callipers seems to suggest that those offsets are not correct based on the bl-touch location on the printer. Unless im just a bit thick.

Ill get a bit of graph paper later today and put a tiny bit of ink on the bl and the hot end that should allow me to measure much better!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
If by "normal filament" you mean 1.75mm OD then I think the smallest nozzle is 0.2mm, but it's likely to clog like a mothertrucker.

Gonna need me one of them. Might even have one somewhere! can't print tiny tiny screws 2mm in diameter with a 0.4 nozzel, its not happening!

Soldato
I did look the manual suggets:

#define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 0 //Your BLTouch X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDE
#define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -23 //Your BLTouch Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDE
#define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -1.5 //Your BLTouch Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDE

But measuring with a set of callipers seems to suggest that those offsets are not correct based on the bl-touch location on the printer. Unless im just a bit thick.

I did tell you the offset of the hardware was wrong and to look at the manual :D
See the Cad drawing in the manual. That is how you set it up on the printer.

I used marlin and that had BLTouch already integrated.

Man of Honour
I did tell you the offset of the hardware was wrong and to look at the manual :D
See the Cad drawing in the manual. That is how you set it up on the printer.

I used marlin and that had BLTouch already integrated.

Im an idiot i think thats the problem. Ill grab the extruder off and prod it with a stick later, that will fix it.

Man of Honour
What do you think of the heated bed and the magnetic part?

It's going to be a massive upgrade to what I have at the moment. I can't wait to get the first print off tbh! The bed, build... everything about it is a ton better than my little i3 clone :) I have modified the bed with glass rather than the acrylic for the top though, not sure it will make any difference at all.

Soldato
It's going to be a massive upgrade to what I have at the moment. I can't wait to get the first print off tbh! The bed, build... everything about it is a ton better than my little i3 clone :) I have modified the bed with glass rather than the acrylic for the top though, not sure it will make any difference at all.

It already had a E3D glass bed. The heater was stuck to it using a special glue.
The plastic part on top came from the US and it's super sticky.
No need for glue. That's why I made a magnetic\bendable detachable top.

Print..pull off and bend. No messing about

Man of Honour
It already had a E3D glass bed. The heater was stuck to it using a special glue.
The plastic part on top came from the US and it's super sticky.
No need for glue. That's why I made a magnetic\bendable detachable top.

Print..pull off and bend. No messing about

Glad I didn't throw any of it away or anything! I don't have any idea what im doing, you know this! Im just fiddling with stuff! :D

Perhaps I shouldn't have made the mini nuke smaller than the model was designed for. Parts like this are really tough to print correctly:

And the screws I need to print/buy go through those tiny 2mm holes.

Last edited:
Soldato
Glad I didn't throw any of it away or anything! I don't have any idea what im doing, you know this! Im just fiddling with stuff! :D

Perhaps I shouldn't have made the mini nuke smaller than the model was designed for. Parts like this are really tough to print correctly:

And the screws I need to print/buy go through those tiny 2mm holes.

The bed levelling is the most important part.

And if the V6 gets jammed don't forget to get the manual off the E3D site or you will break it.

Everything was working on the Core XY I gave you.
All you had to do was tidy the wire up :mad::D:D

And raise the BLTouch lol

Man of Honour
The bed levelling is the most important part.

And if the V6 gets jammed don't forget to get the manual off the E3D site or you will break it.

Everything was working on the Core XY I gave you.
All you had to do was tidy the wire up :mad::D:D

And raise the BLTouch lol

Well then it will still work exactly the same as its all still together doing its thing! I'm just deciding what I think it would like going forward!

Soldato
Well then it will still work exactly the same as its all still together doing its thing! I'm just deciding what I think it would like going forward!

I would just get the bltouch working.
Then do some prints.

Have you ever used Marlin firmware?
And don't forget you can get the firmware for the printer from Thngsverse

Man of Honour
Was a ton easier just going and buying some screws. Mind you I could only find the right size in brass but nevermind we have paint!

Back
Top Bottom