Random 3D printing chatter

Soldato
OP
Just for levelling or are they looking at printing on a sloped or even moving surface?
I can see an accurately sloped base being useful if you want an angle on the bottom of the part (or the top by extension) but I'm struggling to see a use for a moving bed within that range - I've seen stuff where they're looking at making unsupported 90° overhangs easy by changing the angle....maybe this will tilt it just enough to make them possible?

Soldato
Just for levelling or are they looking at printing on a sloped or even moving surface?
I can see an accurately sloped base being useful if you want an angle on the bottom of the part (or the top by extension) but I'm struggling to see a use for a moving bed within that range - I've seen stuff where they're looking at making unsupported 90° overhangs easy by changing the angle....maybe this will tilt it just enough to make them possible?

I have no idea :D I hope it would have levelling on the go.
Just watched the first part of a build for the 3d printer.

Associate
I think their video is just to show off the independently driven control of the bed.

Adam at Vector3D is building one on a series of live streams, first two parts are done and the 3rd today I think?

Soldato
OP
Today's game is......The print requires an estimated 20m of filament. Is there:
a) Slightly more than 20m left on the spool or
b) Slightly less?!

Answer by around 8pm.....possibly before....and with swearing! :D

Don
I've started machining the bits for my Jubilee Toolchanger (a sort of compatible clone to the e3d Toolchanger).

X axis beam:
deayly9.jpg

Toolplates:
FUl5CxV.jpg

It's going to have 4 tools so I'm using 10 stepper drivers (X, Y, 3xZ, TC, E1, E2, E3, and E4) meaning I need to use a Duex5 to go along with my Duet2Wifi. All HiWin MGN12 rails and as much as possible machined out of aluminium for stiffness.

3 point Kinematic levelling like my BLV Cube and the RatRig etc.

It's going to be a fun build.

Soldato
OP
@Rilot Nice. You've either got a CNC mill or far more patience than I...and epic-level Etch-a-sketch skills! ;)
@Haze Also nice. What happened with the odd wavy line down the side of the smaller rabbit though? Is it just the perimeter join and the filament is a different enough colour to look odd or just a deliberate part of the model?

Associate
I've started machining the bits for my Jubilee Toolchanger (a sort of compatible clone to the e3d Toolchanger).

X axis beam:
deayly9.jpg

Toolplates:
FUl5CxV.jpg

It's going to have 4 tools so I'm using 10 stepper drivers (X, Y, 3xZ, TC, E1, E2, E3, and E4) meaning I need to use a Duex5 to go along with my Duet2Wifi. All HiWin MGN12 rails and as much as possible machined out of aluminium for stiffness.

3 point Kinematic levelling like my BLV Cube and the RatRig etc.

It's going to be a fun build.

My god that's awesome, gonna be watching this with great interest. Nice work.

Associate
I think their video is just to show off the independently driven control of the bed.

Adam at Vector3D is building one on a series of live streams, first two parts are done and the 3rd today I think?

Wow I’ve been looking at getting a CoreXY printer for a while now and have been eyeing up the Tronxy X5SA pro but this looks far better.

Back
Top Bottom