• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Raptor Lake Leaks + Intel 4 developments

That isn't all that bad then basically up there at the 300 to 350 watts many of the reviewers were spouting. Random question... is there any benefit on cranking the ring frequency on these (if you can that is).

Yeah you can crank up ring. It’s “free” to do as it’s coming off the vcore rail so you just max out what you can given your voltage.

Two ways to look at ring. 400mhz of frequency or so = 100mhz of core worth of raw performance. The other is fps lows see a nice boost as faster ring means lower latency.

Yeah you can crank up ring. It’s “free” to do as it’s coming off the vcore rail so you just max out what you can given your voltage.

Two ways to look at ring. 400mhz of frequency or so = 100mhz of core worth of raw performance. The other is fps lows see a nice boost as faster ring means lower latency.

Nice, its been a long time since I clocked an intel chip... Q6600 was the last one I really went to town on. Mostly these days I just run stock or auto OC and throw a bit of voltage/LLC at the SoC / memory controller to get memory speeds up. These look to offer decent tweaking options though which is quite nice. How you enjoying the chip?

Last edited:
Nice, its been a long time since I clocked an intel chip... Q6600 was the last one I really went to town on. Mostly these days I just run stock or auto OC and throw a bit of voltage/LLC at the SoC / memory controller to get memory speeds up. These look to offer decent tweaking options though which is quite nice. How you enjoying the chip?

ADL and RPL did a really good job with handling transients on CPU but to use that efficiently you need to take some time to learn how to tune adaptive voltages. The net results is more frequency at the same load voltage as a fixed vcore + llc style typical configuration or you can just use to reduce vcore which will lower temps and power draw. Re: screenshot. I'm just sharing relevant data from our oc group. I'm waiting for the Apex to arrive first and frankly, first priority is landing a 4090 FE. Overall, if you played with ADL and tuned adaptive properly as I just mentioned, RPL is straight forward. Just much higher headroom and 8000+ mem daily potential.

Last edited:
@MartinPrince The Core i5 13600K thrashes a Ryzen 5 7600 and Ryzen 7 7700X in Photolab and Lightroom:

Even in Adobe After Effects,the Core i5 13600K holds it's own against the Ryzen 7 7700X.
Thanks @CAT-THE-FIFTH I'll be getting the 13600KF or 13700KF as we are getting to the > 33% improvement over my 5.3Ghz 9700k which is when I will think about upgrading my photography/gaming CPU. It's looking good so far....

Thanks @CAT-THE-FIFTH I'll be getting the 13600KF or 13700KF as we are getting to the > 33% improvement over my 5.3Ghz 9700k which is when I will think about upgrading my photography/gaming CPU. It's looking good so far....
It really is looking good in Photolab especially and AFAIK decent DDR4 still is perfectly fine with a Core i5 13600KF.

It's not much more than a 7600X while matching or beating a 7700X, you have the option of cheaper 600 series motherboards as well as DDR4/5.

After looking at few reviews the 13600k looks like the star of the show beating out the 12900k overall in gaming and near the top of the charts

Tempted to get one and tune the hell out of it

Last edited:
One of our guys playing with his 13600k Pretty 'average' to get this type of performance out of the 13600k. Nothing special here.

unknown.png

After looking at few reviews the 13600k looks like the star of the show beating out the 12900k overall in gaming and near the top of the charts

Tempted to get one and tune the hell out of it
I've been saying for months now in this thread that the 13600k looks to be the one to watch and had quite a lot of pushback from some although they seem to have gone AWOL now.

I've been saying for months now in this thread that the 13600k looks to be the one to watch and had quite a lot of pushback from some although they seem to have gone AWOL now.
13700 is the one to watch, it's just that people hate waiting. The 13700f is likely to be priced at around £330-£340 (since we know that Intel pricing hasn't changed since the last gen).

If people are gonna stick with LGA1700 for a while, might as well be something powerful like this (which at stock, is going to be slightly faster than the 12900K).

For gaming, one without E-Cores would probably give virtually the same performance, but that does not fit in with Intel's wider plans.

Hype up the i9 K CPUs, then very few or no reviews for the locked CPUs, it's the same every generation. The same thing is true for B series motherboards from AMD and Intel, you don't see them unless there's a major problem, like poor VRM thermals or VRM power limits.

Last edited:
looking forward to the 13900KS being released in early 2023. i'm itching to upgrade right now but i'll wait (hopefully), it'll be 13900KS or ryzen 7000 x3d but will probably go intel as i like high single core speeds (i'm a gamer).

looking forward to the 13900KS being released in early 2023. i'm itching to upgrade right now but i'll wait (hopefully), it'll be 13900KS or ryzen 7000 x3d but will probably go intel as i like high single core speeds (i'm a gamer).
Never looked at these KS chips, I vaguely remember reading review that they get extremely hot, but what has the performance been like in previous generations, is it worth it?

Really happy with my 13900k so far. Noticed a good jump in game performance with my Strix 4090, especially minimum FPS values. Currently have it doing 6Ghz on lightly threaded workloads, though not finished tuning yet!

Temperatures are better than my 12900k, with a 280mm AIO with good fans.

Was a very easy upgrade on my Z690 hero as expected - just a quick BIOS update and boom, good to go.

My days of obsessing trying to get out a 1% performance increase are behind me.
Furthest I'll go is apply an auto OC (not even needed) and that's it.
Plug and play for me now, life too short :)

If you can reuse ddr4, get a z690 Msi pro a or ASUS prime p. If you want the step up a bit, Strix A. You can get the z790 variants but you won’t notice a difference.

Back
Top Bottom