Raspberry Pi - $35 Linux computer

Soldato
Are they going to ramp up production any time soon? I really want to get my hands on one of these now and have signed up to a couple of the UK places that stock it to be emailed when they are available again, but so far nothing.

Soldato
Are they going to ramp up production any time soon? I really want to get my hands on one of these now and have signed up to a couple of the UK places that stock it to be emailed when they are available again, but so far nothing.
I'm not 100% sure but I do know that they want to target September for release of Raspberry Pi's for school so it could be August/September when they ramp up production.

I think it is down to RS and Farnell to produce this now?

Soldato
Bit miffed.

Got Raspbmc installed... and it seems to be very slow? Playing 720p TV series MKV and it isn't smooth at all... pauses etc.

CPU usage looks to be 50-70% idle :/

Is OpenELEC more stable?

Soldato
Bit miffed.

Got Raspbmc installed... and it seems to be very slow? Playing 720p TV series MKV and it isn't smooth at all... pauses etc.

Is OpenELEC more stable?

I thought people prevously had full 1080p rips running ok? This can't be right?

Associate
Bit miffed.

Is OpenELEC more stable?

I've found openELEC to use more memory but use about the same cpu usage.

1080p playback is a bit hit and miss for me. But 720p and SD works flawlessly for me.

make sure you have a decent network, streaming over wireless will only cause a lot of pain go wired over a gigabit network.

Soldato
Turned off DTS... seemed to be playing ok...

Same thing just happened, it pauses but the video counter is still going?

Anyone got Android remotes working with the Raspbmc build?

I'm using RASPBMC 12.0 ALPHA3 compiled June 20 2012

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom