• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Raytracing is here and in Battlefield 5 - Show your performance RTX users

Soldato
Currently processing but here is a 64 player Rotterdam match with everything maxed except RT, which is on low and all at 3440x1440. Sure frames could well be more and without RT, they certainly are but it is gorgeous.

Wait till it encodes fully, so you can see how I die with ease in all its glory :D

I told you back in September..... BF5 is the most pointless game to put Ray Tracing. Reason is that players will say "oohhh shiny" at reflections, and die letting the team down. :D
Youuuuu, said you me that shouldn't be the case. But here we are, there living proof of justifying my posts..... :D

Hahahahaha.

It does looks nice and other times I would have jumped the wagon, however the sheer cost to get the performance out (9900K & 2080Ti) is kinda ridiculous.
Maybe next year if prices normalize a bit.

Man of Honour
Haha, fair one. I didn't really want it either but knowing it had RT, forced me and in fairness, I did the Origin Premier for 90 squid, which gives me loads and loads of games for a year and I have every intention of grabbing Anthem when it comes out, so happy days.

If someone lets me know when BFV has SLI support I will download it and post some numbers.

IF RTX scales with mGPU things could be very interesting at 2160p.

Caporegime
OP
I told you back in September..... BF5 is the most pointless game to put Ray Tracing. Reason is that players will say "oohhh shiny" at reflections, and die letting the team down. :D
Youuuuu, said you me that shouldn't be the case. But here we are, there living proof of justifying my posts..... :D

Hahahahaha.

It does looks nice and other times I would have jumped the wagon, however the sheer cost to get the performance out (9900K & 2080Ti) is kinda ridiculous.
Maybe next year if prices normalize a bit.
Quite agree but this was my second time playing that map, so felt it only fair I oggle and die a bit :D It does look good without also, so yer, a bit of a pointless game but at least the option is there for it. One of the best looking games I have played in a long time with or without RT in truth.

Soldato
Quite agree but this was my second time playing that map, so felt it only fair I oggle and die a bit :D It does look good without also, so yer, a bit of a pointless game but at least the option is there for it. One of the best looking games I have played in a long time with or without RT in truth.

I believe the best game for ray tracing should have been Elder Scrolls Online as is slow paced with already amazing vistas. (especially Auridon island).
Lighting/shadows and reflection ray tracing would be looking amazing, with all those trees and little streams carving the island during full moon nights.

Caporegime
OP
I believe the best game for ray tracing should have been Elder Scrolls Online as is slow paced with already amazing vistas. (especially Auridon island).
Lighting/shadows and reflection ray tracing would be looking amazing, with all those trees and little streams carving the island during full moon nights.
Something like the vanishing of Ethan Carter would look amazing with RT, Mirror's Edge perhaps?

Caporegime
Something like the vanishing of Ethan Carter would look amazing with RT, Mirror's Edge perhaps?

Thought this was post your RTX BF5 performance for 2080ti owners... not other games that don’t have it?

Thanks Stanners. Whilst I appreciate people have angry views about the RTX cards, this thread wasn't created for those guys and more so for us with RTX cards or those interested in them and the tech.

Maybe change the title to RTX performance thread.

Man of Honour
It will be interesting to see if DX12 and NVLink work together. It might even make me buy another 2080Ti if it does in RT games :)

DX12 definitely works over NVLink and there is very good scaling in ROTTR.

ROTTR Maxed
2160p
DX12
Stock 2080 Ti cards

Single card.
hRgq32q.jpg

Two cards.
MMhRhcb.jpg

If they can get RTX to work equally as well in BFV and other games using it things could be very interesting.

Associate
Quoted post deleted

There is more to the 2000 series than RT. IQ improvements to HDR, DLSS (FF15 benchmark is very impressive with IQ better than native 4k with TAA) and the 4k performance. The card was worth every penny to me, just for the improvement made in HDR alone.

Anyway they already stated the RTX in BF5 is early and improvements are coming. Before making judgment wait and see what the final version runs like and maybe see how it is in other titles. The game is full of bugs even on consoles so not ideal scenario to judge.

Maybe if you owned the card you realize it's actually very good and no where near the failure you and some others think it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
This is the section after using the binoculars to scout on the area. Tried to take a screenshot in game which didn't work but have managed to grab a screenshot of Precision X1 as a bit of evidence :).. It's not ultra everything. Basically in GeForce experience I used custom settings and slid the slider towards "Quality" until RTX became enabled, then a bit more for mostly "High" settings and then applied those settings - so a quick 5 minute setup.
Note that the dip to 30 was actually the start of the cutscene.
Only the start of the game so will see how it goes but so far the game looks pretty good and with g-sync completely playable. Also had quite a bit running too, like perf mon to observe CPU usage.

I'm sure this can be improved, especially if DLSS gets added.
1440P, 2080FE

BF5X1.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
This is the section after using the binoculars to scout on the area. Tried to take a screenshot in game which didn't work but have managed to grab a screenshot of Precision X1 as a bit of evidence :).. It's not ultra everything. Basically in GeForce experience I used custom settings and slid the slider towards "Quality" until RTX became enabled and then applied those settings - so a quick 5 minute setup.
Only the start of the game so will see how it goes but so far the game looks pretty good and with g-sync completely playable. Also had quite a bit running too, like perf mon to observe CPU usage.

1440P, 2080FE

BF5X1.jpg

Hard data, it’s appreciated mate.

Soldato
The game overall needs some optimisation. An intro and cutscene were not smooth at all, seems to take a good few seconds to settle down in smoothness and noticed the GPU was hardly being used (running at 450Mhz) - so not even fully rendered scenes either but they were a bit choppy. Gameplay looks very nice.
Finished off the rest of that mission and the chart looked pretty much the same. Also tried multiplayer too and same thing there. I don't usually play MP these days but think I'd switch to DX11 if I did, for optimal FPS. Didn't try toggling RT on/off or DX11.
Wouldn't mind trying the 6700K instead of the 1950X but really cannot be bothered swap the card over atm, maybe when I get the full game rather than trial).
GPU temp maxed out at 73. GPU and CPU both stock

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
The game overall needs some optimisation. An intro and cutscene were not smooth at all, seems to take a good few seconds to settle down in smoothness and noticed the GPU was hardly being used (running at 450Mhz) - so not even fully rendered scenes either but they were a bit choppy. Gameplay looks very nice.
Finished off the rest of that mission and the chart looked pretty much the same. Also tried multiplayer too and same thing there. I don't usually play MP these days but think I'd switch to DX11 if I did, for optimal FPS. Didn't try toggling RT on/off or DX11.
Wouldn't mind trying the 6700K instead of the 1950X but really cannot be bothered swap the card over atm, maybe when I get the full game rather than trial).
GPU temp maxed out at 73. GPU and CPU both stock
My intro scenes in the SP are unwatchable with DX12, with or without RT on and it is a known bug.

Soldato
My intro scenes in the SP are unwatchable with DX12, with or without RT on and it is a known bug.
Lots of bugs. Exiting the game and returning to the main menu seems to take an age too, 20+seconds. And EVGA Precision X1 for RTX is buggy too I'm finding - it won't pick up FPS at all now.
I tried the popular MP map that's used to show the low FPS that's more RT heavy but as above I couldn't get Precision X working. Might try Afterburner later.
Using "only" a 2080, it's already given me a taster of RT in BF5 at close to 60 FPS at 1440P in an "early release" game which I wasn't expecting based on all the info being "spewed" out. If they can improve the performance then great. A few GPU generations from now it's going to so much further ahead and that is going to happen thanks to the work going on right now, ie, getting games out there actually implementing it, getting the HW out there too.

Man of Honour
Lots of bugs. Exiting the game and returning to the main menu seems to take an age too, 20+seconds. And EVGA Precision X1 for RTX is buggy too I'm finding - it won't pick up FPS at all now.

It is quite buggy but they are bring out regular updates.

On the first version I used I could not even control the fans on my FTW3 cards and there is still no link for mGPU setups.

EVGA still have a lot of work to do on it but I do prefer it to their old Precision X.

Associate
This is the section after using the binoculars to scout on the area. Tried to take a screenshot in game which didn't work but have managed to grab a screenshot of Precision X1 as a bit of evidence :).. It's not ultra everything. Basically in GeForce experience I used custom settings and slid the slider towards "Quality" until RTX became enabled and then applied those settings - so a quick 5 minute setup.

1440P, 2080FE

BF5X1.jpg

There seeems to be a lot of faith, hope, wish, belief and trust with Nvidia and these cards. Not what you paid for though, is it?.

Back
Top Bottom