RC cars

Caporegime
Last edited:

HaX

HaX

Associate
I love RC vehicles, and have owned numerous nitro powered cars, buggies and monster trucks.

Not so into it now, though at some point I shall be venturing into the world of 1/14 scale articulated trucks. It's quite an expensive hobby for what it is, and I'll be looking at ~£1200 to build a fully kitted out truck.

There's quite a good UK community for them now, with regular meet ups at exhibitions etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSDH6JQpkoY
http://www.tamiyatruckin.org.uk/

Associate
Im in the process of starting up a local off road RC track, we have the ground sorted now. Just waiting on the weather to pick up before the fun begins.

Soldato
Yes, I bought two Traxxas Stampede's XL5's for my boys Christmas just gone.. Had so much fun, i went out and bought myself a brushless Stampede VXL. Actually sold one of the 2WD stampede's yesterday and am about to buy another 4WD Stampede today !

Upgraded to LiPo batteries about 3 weeks ago, and well seem to be spending a small fortune on upgrades and repairs. Don't know what its like in the UK, but Traxxas parts are very easy to find out here in the USA. My local hobby store, pretty much has every part in stock. So i seem to be racing, breaking, fixing and repeating every weekend.. I'm 41 and seem to be having lots of fun with my new found hobby.

Soldato
Used to have a Thundertiger SR10 , fun dune buggy thing until one day I decided I would drive it through a nearby tunnel... the car suddenly went full speed I assume because it lost signal or something, and promptly smashed into a wall at full pelt :(

Still got all the bits from it somewhere

Associate
Havent used any of mine for good couple of months, got very busy and tied up with other things. But I keep thinking I need to go and give them all a good bit of TLC.

In the collection I have, HPI Trophy Truggy 4.6, Traxxas Slash 4x4, Agama A8 (what I use to race) and my pride and joy HPI Baja

DSC00874.jpg

Soldato
I have Kyosho DRX VE, Hotbodies Lightning Stadium Pro and a HOBAO Hyper 7, all brushless, non of that slow nitro nonsense :)

usually go bashing at a spot near Wigan.

pics

Last edited:
Soldato
I got my Jato 3.3 back all working. Had a quick go in works yard last night and my god it moves :eek:

Can anyone recommend some good fuel for it? Ive read the best is between 20% & 25% but there's many to choose from.

Soldato
I've just built myself a pretty awesome charging system. Used a redundant HP Server power supply, which is able to put out 47amps @ 575watts. Along with an EP paraboard, and an FMA Powerlab 6 charger. I am able to charge all three of my 6500mAh lipo's all within 20mins from a storage charge..

Nitro is history in the RC world ! Even so, they are pretty cool still.. Little engines burning fuel still excites me mind... Even though i do not own one, i would like too. Before Nitro completely disappears.

Back
Top Bottom