• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

really getting fed up with the posts stating RTX/DLSS does not work this gen

Soldato
Does it give you options as to what resolution you want to upscale from? If I ever did need to use it to get some extra performance due to RT then I would want to do it from 1440p, not 1080p if possible. Nice to have options.

As far as I know yes, but it's predefined. You don't get to choose a custom resolution to upscale from.

Soldato
Does it give you options as to what resolution you want to upscale from? If I ever did need to use it to get some extra performance due to RT then I would want to do it from 1440p, not 1080p if possible. Nice to have options.
In the old versions it was very prescriptive, but now there are a lot more resolution options; including 1440p for 4K.

So....which games actually use this besides Control and Wolfenstein? I cannot find a list of current games.
Just four so far. Two preview titles; Deliver Us The Moon and Wolfenstein: Youngblood
Then two official launch titles a couple of weeks ago; MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries and Control

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
In the old versions it was very prescriptive, but now there are a lot more resolution options; including 1440p for 4K.

Just four so far. Two preview titles; Deliver Us The Moon and Wolfenstein: Youngblood
Then two official launch titles a couple of weeks ago; MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries and Control
That is good to hear. Thanks.

Soldato
As far as I know yes, but it's predefined. You don't get to choose a custom resolution to upscale from.

yeah that's right.

In control the pre defined list is dependent on the output resolution. Iirc you can only choose 1440p as the render resolution of the output resolution is 4K or somewhere in that range. I guess the reason is why they want the tender resolution to be well under the output so there is a significant performance improvement when you enable DLSS.

Soldato
Iirc you can only choose 1440p as the render resolution of the output resolution is 4K or somewhere in that range.
You must be thinking if the old DLSS. With DLSS 2.0 there are three render resolution options for each output resolution.
For 4K (3840x2160) output these are; Performance (1920x1080), Balanced (2272x1252) and Quality (2560x1440).

DLSS2-4K.png

Soldato
The same can be said for any new tech. Adoption takes time. But as DLSS gets integrated into game engines it will become more common. If it makes entry level ray tracing cards viable then I wouldn’t call it pointless.

Soldato
The same can be said for any new tech. Adoption takes time. But as DLSS gets integrated into game engines it will become more common. If it makes entry level ray tracing cards viable then I wouldn’t call it pointless.

Its already been integrated into two of the biggest engines used for multi platform games - Unreal Engine 4 and Unity.

edit: Sorry, it's DXR and RTX Ray Tracing that was implemented. Not sure about DLSS - DLSS is probably still handled at the title level because Nvidia needs the frame buffer to train the AI and then provides the DLSS 2.0 profile in a game ready driver.

So for this reason, I anticipate we'll see Ray Tracing adoption happen faster than DLSS

Has there been 4 other mechwarrior or what?? It looks terrible to me lol. I am not sure why such a game has gotten DLSS 2 so quickly

Quite a few games coming out of Asia seem to be going for DLSS. I suspect it's because of the old adage - Japanese game developers most of the time are poor at optimizing and DLSS is a great way to get almost free optimization.

Soldato
Its already been integrated into two of the biggest engines used for multi platform games - Unreal Engine 4 and Unity.

edit: Sorry, it's DXR and RTX Ray Tracing that was implemented. Not sure about DLSS - DLSS is probably still handled at the title level because Nvidia needs the frame buffer to train the AI and then provides the DLSS 2.0 profile in a game ready driver.

So for this reason, I anticipate we'll see Ray Tracing adoption happen faster than DLSS
You were almost right first time. DLSS 2.0 has been integrated into the latest Unreal Engine 4 build, I wrote about this previously.
It now uses generic machine learning and so there is no need for per title training. But titles do need to add DLSS support into the render pipeline.

Soldato
You were almost right first time. DLSS 2.0 has been integrated into the latest Unreal Engine 4 build, I wrote about this previously.
It now uses generic machine learning and so there is no need for per title training.

If it's in Unreal then that's great. Hopefully every game coming out of that engine supports it then.

Back
Top Bottom