Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

After a hectic weekend, which I had planned to spend the entire time playing this - I only managed to get less than 10 hours in :(

First hour or so, I found it a real struggle - the initial start just felt slow and monotonous, and really really didn't blow me away at all; I felt that it was quite a poor start to a blockbuster game! Now that I'm past the thaw, it has certainly improved.

Only issue so far, is that there seems to be a bit of an issue with offing people - out in the wilderness, no one else around, I have had several instances where I have killed everyone around; only for the game to suggest there has been a crime and I have to flee the red circle. Thankfully, the last one only cost me $20 - but I still have a $250 bounty in a nearby area; though killing the bounty hunters is pretty fun.

Looking forward to ploughing many hours into this though, very happy I bought it, though it does mean FH4 (and everything else I have going on) will have to wait!

I have $300 bounties nearly everywhere now. most of it is from an accidental crime or act of self defence spiralling into a bloody massacre because witnesses keep appearing out of nowhere.

I have $300 bounties nearly everywhere now. most of it is from an accidental crime or act of self defence spiralling into a bloody massacre because witnesses keep appearing out of nowhere.

I've played quite a bit, including riding through towns on horses and what have you and don't have any bounties. Are people not just being a bit clumsy? :p

Is the HDR issue dependant on TVs? As HDR on and off is night and day for me, HDR just looks 10x better as you'd expect, struggling to see how people are saying the opposite

I don't know it might be, there's very little panel variation with OLED compared to LCD so Rockstar's luminance recommendation is probably more accurate, or maybe they just optimised their HDR for OLED and the results don't look good for LCD?

I don't know it might be, there's very little panel variation with OLED compared to LCD so Rockstar's luminance recommendation is probably more accurate, or maybe they just optimised their HDR for OLED and the results don't look good for LCD?

Ah ok, makes sense, that might be it. I'm using it on an LG OLED and have the setting on 300 as they recommend.

Flogged my PS4 copy to someone at work. Picked up Xbox One X + F7 + FH4 + RDR2 bundle for 449 EUR.

Bank holiday weekend coming up and the other half is out of town. Sorted :)

I've found myself playing the XB1X more than the pro lately with FH4, TR and now RDR2. Much prefer XB to PS but everyone else seems to be on PS when comparing my two friends lists.

I can see a rainbow...

9070e6e862a8827e72ff12793d2e873b.jpg

Not really found my way round my ps4 Pro yet as I've only had it a few days, but I'm playing at 1080p and RDR2 was looking blurry so I turned off supersampling and now it looks much much better.

Also, I've found the fishing now! Not quite as good as FFXV fishing imo, but I'm loving it

Back
Top Bottom