Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Why can't I use his bed to sleep in the camp sometimes and other times I can. If that makes sense.

Maybe it's to stop the cheesing of certain events? My XB1X has just been in that standby mode where the different achievements scroll through on the right hand side of the screen when it's been inactive long enough and one of them called 'Bountiful' would be easily achieved by sleeping through a few days.

Having seen the list of cheats in the game, I'm now looking forward to completing it so I can go through it again causing havoc with some of them :) I'd just make a separate save but I think it would still ruin the enjoyment of playing through it without any first.

Only issue so far, is that there seems to be a bit of an issue with offing people - out in the wilderness, no one else around, I have had several instances where I have killed everyone around; only for the game to suggest there has been a crime and I have to flee the red circle. Thankfully, the last one only cost me $20 - but I still have a $250 bounty in a nearby area; though killing the bounty hunters is pretty fun.

Could it be because you're leaving bodies on the road etc rather than hiding them?

Not played anywhere near as much as I'd have liked yet so could be wrong on the above mind :p

I decided last night to make one piece of road MINE! But every time I shot someone (oops) there was another carriage on the way, couldn't hide bodies quick enough, it got nasty quickly!

Finally went to town to pay off my Bounty, seems no matter how many times I'm killed with said Bounty it never actually goes?

That's what I meant about witnesses appearing out of nowhere, they do that GTA police style thing of being placed in the world at the worst possible moment just to screw you over.

The bounty hunters do get a bit tedious, I was hunting a legendary animal last night and it kept popping up 'This is a legendary animal spot, but there is too much activity to track it' - I'm assuming because bounty hunters were continuously spawning and coming after me.

I've got a bounty after doing a mission where you rob a train. I was wearing a mask as part of the mission... Surely the point of that is so you aren't recognised!

My kids (6 and 4) enjoy watching me go hunting and fishing. They're ok with the skinning, I explained why I don't shoot everything and that when you kill the animal you use all all of it for food, clothing etc. They've not witnessed a bear mauling though, I think that might put them off going outside.

The way I see it, is it will be at least a year until PC version is released, possibly even longer if they plan to bring it out on next gen consoles like what they did with gta 5....

GTA 5 first release date - September 2013
GTA 5 updated version release date for CONSOLES - November 2014
GTA 5 PC version release date - April 2015

Lines of code etc. have been found in the game already regarding "PC" so it's not a question as to if, but when.....

Can someone give me a no biased answer:

I have both a PS4 and an Xbox one s. The PS4 is the original, got it on release day, still going strong. I have no desire to get a PS4 pro or Xbox X. My Tv that I play on is just a standard LED Sharp 1080P TV. I won't be upgrading that until the next gen of console's come out.

Is RDR 2 worth playing on the 'standard' consoles and if it is on which formatwould you get it on, and why? My mates don't game on consoles so I am purely asking from a performance point of view.

Thanks.

What A Ride. Seriously enjoying this game (One X into a Dell U2711 at 1440p)

It's pretty astounding at times. Even when you're just mulling around in camp the atmospherics are just amazing. Some of those songs they sing around the campfire , the banjo playing , everything. Just so immersive, it really feels like you are there.

Have had to move the monitor into the middle of the desk because (this is new to me) playing with a controller means I'm laid right back in my chair , rather than hunched over the desk using a Mouse and Keyboard.

Don't think I'll ever give up being a PC gamer but I'm also loving the actual silence from the One X too

Just so immersive, it really feels like you are there.

Except when you wake up and there's a floating bottle of beer, you can't get on your horse and there's an invisible barrier around the camp preventing you from leaving.
A re-load sorted that out though.

Another thing, on the PS4 it says to hold down (a completely indistinct graphic of a button) for more information when certain things happen. You in fact have to tap the button, holding it down brings up the journal. I can't fathom why that got through testing, it's plain wrong.

Last edited:
I may have asked this but don't think I got an answer

If I hunt a 3 star rated deer or other 3 star rated animal and Get the perfect kill, should I skin it or take the carcass whole to the butcher in town.

Or if I have a trapper available to sell too should I skin it and sell the carcass and meat to the butcher and pelt to the trapper.

Back
Top Bottom