Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Soldato
There isn't a console war going on, is there?
Regarding what version is better - the Xbox One X is native 4k - the PS4 Pro isn't (or so I thought?)

There was at the top of the previous page. Stuff about which console won at release, and who's rushing to release the next generation console. I'm not really sure how it's relevant to a game that's releasing next week Friday for the current generation of consoles.

I am really looking forward to the release of RDR2. Does anyone think that the disc version will be cheaper than £50 in any supermarkets on release day? I know that sometimes supermarkets do deals for purchases, especially if you purchase food or other stuff at the same time. I haven't seen this happen for a while but I was just wondering whether they'd do something similar for such a big release.

Associate
For those who haven't ordered yet, Smyths offering £5 off (so £44.99) for anyone who uses click & collect to preorder it. Might bite but then I've only just bought my One X and have a whole heap of games that came with it to play...

Soldato
For those who haven't ordered yet, Smyths offering £5 off (so £44.99) for anyone who uses click & collect to preorder it. Might bite but then I've only just bought my One X and have a whole heap of games that came with it to play...

I saw that, it was up a few weeks ago but you have to go there to collect it. I'd probably spend close to the £5 saving in petrol and time spent getting there, so I gave it a miss!

Associate
Regarding what version is better - the Xbox One X is native 4k - the PS4 Pro isn't (or so I thought?)

Yes, X Box One X is native 4k and PS4 Pro isn't. The trailers are all on PS4 Pro and look lovely as it is.
I just bought PS4 Pro with RDR2 for £349, that's £100 less than XBOX1X (and I was thinking of PS4 anyway for the exclusives it has).
And if there is any visual betterness on Xbox then I will have more to look forward to from a possible future PC version.

Associate
Ordered my copy from them a while back,got a day's holiday so will nip in and collect it as i have a couple of other errand's to do.

Soldato
I can't access the article, does it say whether there will be a Day One patch on PS4? I've ordered Disc installation but have really bad internet, I'm living in fear that it will arrive and I won't be able to play it until Tuesday when my internet finally downloads everything.

There undoubtedly will be, there always is for new releases because the discs were pressed weeks ago.

I thought I saw somewhere that'll be in the region of a 3-4GB update but I've no idea where that was now.

Associate
I'm currently playing RDR on my One X via back compatibility. I never played at release but this game holds up really well, even today. All in the name of getting me ready for RDR2.

There has been some excellent games this year but could this be the greatest of them all?!?

Associate
Personally I don't give a flying fig about 4K. I want to play this game at 2160 x 1440 on the 27" monitor in the room where I play games.

I really would like to buy a PS4 Pro / RDR2 bundle at £350 BUT it as far as I can make out, it doesn't do bog standard 2160 x 1440p. Just 1080p

Twisting my melon trying to get a handle on this. It really is.

Associate
Personally I don't give a flying fig about 4K. I want to play this game at 2160 x 1440 on the 27" monitor in the room where I play games.

I really would like to buy a PS4 Pro / RDR2 bundle at £350 BUT it as far as I can make out, it doesn't do bog standard 2160 x 1440p. Just 1080p

Twisting my melon trying to get a handle on this. It really is.

Xbox does 1440p.

Associate
Yes, I know that. Thing is I'm a Sony Fanbois. Ever since the days of Walkmans. My telly has always been Sony. My cameras are Sony. Plus. I really don't like Microsoft. I despise Windows and I really don't get on with the ergonomics of the Xbox controller (the last time I used one was on RDR on an Xbox - tried again on GTA V on the PC but still found it counter intuitive)

So just why is it that the PS4 Pro is not able to do 2560 x 1440?

Not that complicated is it?

Caporegime
Yes, I know that. Thing is I'm a Sony Fanbois. Ever since the days of Walkmans. My telly has always been Sony. My cameras are Sony. Plus. I really don't like Microsoft. I despise Windows and I really don't get on with the ergonomics of the Xbox controller (the last time I used one was on RDR on an Xbox - tried again on GTA V on the PC but still found it counter intuitive)

So just why is it that the PS4 Pro is not able to do 2560 x 1440?

Not that complicated is it?

It's because sony hate you.

Seriously though, favouring one giant corporation over another is a bit weird.

Associate
Still debating whether to get a 49XF9005 TV or LG 27UK650 monitor for this, or just forget the 4K hype and stick with playing it on my U2515H

Associate
Yes, X Box One X is native 4k and PS4 Pro isn't. The trailers are all on PS4 Pro and look lovely as it is.
I just bought PS4 Pro with RDR2 for £349, that's £100 less than XBOX1X (and I was thinking of PS4 anyway for the exclusives it has).
And if there is any visual betterness on Xbox then I will have more to look forward to from a possible future PC version.

Xbox One X
Forza Horizon 4
Forza Motorsport 7
Red Dead Redemption 2

https://www.game.co.uk/en/m/1tb-xbo...za-7-red-dead-redemption-2-and-now-tv-2540312

£399.99

Back
Top Bottom