Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Caporegime
So nothing confirmed by Sony themselves. I’m sure it will come soon but it’s all speculation until it’s officially announced. I’m sure MS will also have something in the works that’s well into development by now.

Tbh I’m happy with what we have now just a few more decent new games would be nice rather than all the re-release crap we keep getting which I’m sure will carry over to the new machines too.
I’m not screaming for a new console either. The pro is still good enough for me. Now the developers have really tapped into the hardware, some stunning looking stuff is coming out. As long as the quality games keep coming, I’ll be happy.

I’d rather they took their time with the next gen and got it right.

Soldato
I’m not screaming for a new console either. The pro is still good enough for me. Now the developers have really tapped into the hardware, some stunning looking stuff is coming out. As long as the quality games keep coming, I’ll be happy.

I’d rather they took their time with the next gen and got it right.

I agree, if they take there time maybe they won't need to release a mid cycle more powerful version like the Pro and X. although I have both as I love owning the latest editions, it makes it very expensive as well.

Anyway 7 days to go!!

Soldato
one of their european CEO's said christmas 2021 by mistake in an interview. it was confirmed they had already started working on it and the japanese boss hinted it could be anytime between 2019 and 2021. they have traditionally always launched a month before christmas. i then heard it on bbc 1xtra that someone had confirmed it as being christmas 2020 was a few days ago.

apparently the US tv market will reach 50% 4K tv's next year. sony want to tarket that market as they have a vested interest in blu ray. so christmas 2020 makes sense. next year is too early.

plus they want to release before the next xbox releases because MS now have the more powerful console.

So no, it hasn't been then :)
The "Must beat MS" thing was rubbished recently. Sony don't need to be first to market. The Ps4 Pro has been the "inferior" console to the One X for ages - hasn't stopped Sony increasing their market share.

Caporegime
So no, it hasn't been then :)
The "Must beat MS" thing was rubbished recently. Sony don't need to be first to market. The Ps4 Pro has been the "inferior" console to the One X for ages - hasn't stopped Sony increasing their market share.

Only saying what I heard on the radio and the BBC radio as well.

PS4 pro and xbox one x isn't a proper console launch though they were mid cycle refreshes.

MS had already lost the war and by some margin by the time of their release. I spoke with my DPD driver who dropped my PS4 off a week/month after the xbox launch. He says he had 10 times the number of parcels as that launch day.

PS4 launched it was the most powerful and it won the war before MS could do anything. By them launching the Xbox One X mid cycle it's not enough to get millions of PS4 users to change rather they will just upgrade to the pro.

So being first to market with a more powerful console is something Sony wants to do again as that was the whole success behind the PS4. It launched a week later with a more powerful console. This time they want to be first with more power.

Associate
Well here's your official installation data

Red Dead Redemption 2: Installation Requirements
Created October 18, 2018Updated October 18, 2018
Question: How much space will I need on my platform to install Red Dead Redemption 2?

Answer: The amount of space required to install Red Dead Redemption 2 depends on the platform you are using, and the method of installation:

Disc Installation:

• PS4 - 99 GB installation space
  • Xbox One - 107 GB installation space
Digital Installation:

• PS4 - 99 GB installation space with an additional 50GB for the installation process
  • Xbox One - 107 GB installation space
https://support.rockstargames.com/a...d-Dead-Redemption-2-Installation-Requirements
I can't access the article, does it say whether there will be a Day One patch on PS4? I've ordered Disc installation but have really bad internet, I'm living in fear that it will arrive and I won't be able to play it until Tuesday when my internet finally downloads everything.

Soldato
Why is there a console war argument going on in a thread about RDR2?

I'm happy with my copy coming from Amazon. I think that the only version you can preload at the moment is the one direct from the MS store, and that's £60 which is crazy compared to the £50 disc version.

Soldato

I'm happy with my copy coming from Amazon. I think that the only version you can preload at the moment is the one direct from the MS store, and that's £60 which is crazy compared to the £50 disc version.

If you buy credit from cdkeys you can get the MS store version for £52....

Soldato
Yup!

Will be installing as soon as I get in and then soon as the little un is in bed... BOOM!

Associate
Only saying what I heard on the radio and the BBC radio as well.

PS4 pro and xbox one x isn't a proper console launch though they were mid cycle refreshes.

MS had already lost the war and by some margin by the time of their release. I spoke with my DPD driver who dropped my PS4 off a week/month after the xbox launch. He says he had 10 times the number of parcels as that launch day.

PS4 launched it was the most powerful and it won the war before MS could do anything. By them launching the Xbox One X mid cycle it's not enough to get millions of PS4 users to change rather they will just upgrade to the pro.

So being first to market with a more powerful console is something Sony wants to do again as that was the whole success behind the PS4. It launched a week later with a more powerful console. This time they want to be first with more power.
Power means nothing if you don't have the games to play on it. Sold my X as I really don't need a £450 console to play 360 games, this backwards compatibility thing is great as an additional but they need exclusives badly which PS has in abundance. Kept my PS4 Pro as it literally was the only place to play some of these games.

Caporegime
Can't see any 2tb drives for the ps4 for that price!! where do you see them @Psycho Sonny

there is a external samsung drive from argos which you buy. then take it apart with a screwdriver. inside it is a laptop drive which will fit inside a ps4.

cheaper than buying a laptop drive directly. you can then take the drive out your ps4 and put it in the caddy and you then have an external 500GB USB drive too. which you can use for backing up important stuff from your pc, etc.

Power means nothing if you don't have the games to play on it. Sold my X as I really don't need a £450 console to play 360 games, this backwards compatibility thing is great as an additional but they need exclusives badly which PS has in abundance. Kept my PS4 Pro as it literally was the only place to play some of these games.

I bought mine for 2 games. Halo 5 and Crackdown which was meant to be a launch game.

Halo 5 was crap and crackdown 3 will never come out. so it had to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
there is a external samsung drive from argos which you buy. then take it apart with a screwdriver. inside it is a laptop drive which will fit inside a ps4.

cheaper than buying a laptop drive directly. you can then take the drive out your ps4 and put it in the caddy and you then have an external 500GB USB drive too. which you can use for backing up important stuff from your pc, etc.

You could just plug the usb drive into the PS4 saves voiding the warranty and the performance is pretty much the same....

Caporegime
You could just plug the usb drive into the PS4 saves voiding the warranty and the performance is pretty much the same....

I need as many USB ports as I can keep on the PS4. I use a mixamp pro and then you have to keep one for charging too. I like to have a keyboard plugged in too at times so I can type messages quicker.

Soldato
I need as many USB ports as I can keep on the PS4. I use a mixamp pro and then you have to keep one for charging too. I like to have a keyboard plugged in too at times so I can type messages quicker.
If only there was a piece of hardware that allowed you to add more USB ports...:p

I use external bus powered USB drives on both the pro and x.

Last edited:
Associate

There isn't a console war going on, is there?
Regarding what version is better - the Xbox One X is native 4k - the PS4 Pro isn't (or so I thought?)

Back
Top Bottom