Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Soldato
I really hope this picks up after the intro sections. Because so far, I'm far from impressed TBH. Too much hand holding, not enough explaining why you need to do things. It's possibly the worst intro/tutorial section I've played in recent memory.

Soldato
I really hope this picks up after the intro sections. Because so far, I'm far from impressed TBH. Too much hand holding, not enough explaining why you need to do things. It's possibly the worst intro/tutorial section I've played in recent memory.

It does, it's like a different game. I guess they didn't want to be accused of an overly steep learning curve given the depth of the game.

Re PS4 Pro graphics. The TV settings make a huge difference, as does the TV. On my Samsung UE50NU7400 I find running in dynamic with some tweeks and not game mode is really sharp. Using one of the standard or natural presets and it's really soft and a bit washed/blurry. On my Panasonic tx58ex700b I can't get a decently sharp or bright picture.

Soldato
Have you tried a different controller ? Was playing about on PS4 Pro yesterday and did not have any issues with controls other than the usual clunky and slowness.

Don't have another one. Went and played a bit of Destiny 2 which worked fine, both triggers working perfectly.

Just going to sell it. Might pick it up again on Xbox if any good one X deals pop up around black Friday. Maybe they'll have patched it by then.

Soldato
Don't have another one. Went and played a bit of Destiny 2 which worked fine, both triggers working perfectly.

Just going to sell it. Might pick it up again on Xbox if any good one X deals pop up around black Friday. Maybe they'll have patched it by then.

Not sure what they can patch tbh I don’t know anyone else having your issues. It’s very weird tbh...

Soldato
Not sure what they can patch tbh I don’t know anyone else having your issues. It’s very weird tbh...

@mid_gen Tried soft resetting or hard resetting the console? I have had no issues on PS4 with controls like that.

Guessing that they have overly strict dead zone tolerances to decide when a trigger is fully pressed, and my DS must be a little old and worn out.

I have been thinking that it would be a decent time to get an Xbox anyway :p Sony have pulled some dick moves recently and the Xbox game pass is quite appealing if you haven't owned an XB1 yet...

Soldato
I had issues with DS triggers a while ago that were solved by opening it up and removing the trigger springs.

IIRC this was a common fix for V1 DS4s.

Soldato
I've been playing this on an original day one xbox one. It's still visually incredible so god knows what you X/4k players are experiencing!

It's a weird one though this game; i gives me the same feelings as when i first used my Vive/VR...a little surreal at how well thought out and detailed the world is - not uncanny valley, just everything going on in it makes it feel like a living, breathing world.

Game itself is good so far, though it boggles my mind how much there is to do and learn. The much-touted 'best game story ever' hasn't really got going yet, but i have put in over 15 hours. There have been some exceptionally good parts to it so far...but i'm not sure i would say it's a fun game to play. Still plenty to go though and i'm hoping the story is as strong as they say it is.

Soldato
It seems to get dark really quickly in this. Sunset is when the game looks it's most impressive, but unfortunately it pretty much goes from sunshine to back in a few minutes.

Caporegime
Is there any way to sell weapons? The horse weapon wheel thing never remembers my choices, so I'm always left pulling out some crap rifle thinking it's going to be my beefed up shotty.

Caporegime
I shot a Turkey and skinned it, picked up the Turkey and went back to camp, but I can't seem to find how I donate the Turkey to the camp for food?

Go to the butcher icon, hold right d pad and it should open the window where you can donate the stuff you have on you or your horse, you can donate individual parts of animals or there’s an option to just donate everything you have.

Caporegime
I'm already suffering from the same problem I have with GTA - I'm 'afraid' to keep playing the story missions because I feel like I'll miss things that I won't be able to go back to, so I've spent virtually the entire day doing nothing much just looking around for side missions, encounters etc.

Soldato
Take it off the horse and walk over to the chef’s table in front of the wagon. Then a button prompt appears in the bottom right corner of the screen.

Go to the butcher icon, hold right d pad and it should open the window where you can donate the stuff you have on you or your horse, you can donate individual parts of animals or there’s an option to just donate everything you have.

I did donate the meat I think, but I think because I skinned it the carcass was of no value, will try again without skinning it and see what happens. cheers

Valentine, the details in the distance are so precise, you can even see into the church almost.

9LJBebg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom