Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Caporegime
How do I kill animals and get perfect pelts? I tried with a knife, a bow and a gun and they've all been poor.

Only time I got a perfect one was when I accidentally trampled on a rattlesnake with my horse!

Soldato
Managed to complete the mission with the wolves.

Now back at the camp, I'm stuck again. Says I need to talk to people. I walk up to them, pull left trigger like it says, the L2 Icon in the bottom right lights up....but nothing else. No way to interact with anyone.

What a load of absolute toss, will flog it someone at work. Back to AC Odyssey for me.

Some people aren’t just made for gaming. :p Not every person has full interaction options and it depends when and where you interact with them, especially when you start out.

How do I kill animals and get perfect pelts? I tried with a knife, a bow and a gun and they've all been poor.

Only time I got a perfect one was when I accidentally trampled on a rattlesnake with my horse!

Use your binoculars to find an animal that has a 3 star rating is the first thing. Then study the text which will tell you what weapon to use for a clean kill

I really hope this picks up after the intro sections. Because so far, I'm far from impressed TBH. Too much hand holding, not enough explaining why you need to do things. It's possibly the worst intro/tutorial section I've played in recent memory.

The tutorial intro is about an hour long....the game is hundreds of hours long, have a little patience. Have you ever played an open world game before or indeed Red Dead 1? Surely you could gather this the intro isn’t the game. It’s a slow tutorial, get to camp then the hand holding stops.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm already suffering from the same problem I have with GTA - I'm 'afraid' to keep playing the story missions because I feel like I'll miss things that I won't be able to go back to, so I've spent virtually the entire day doing nothing much just looking around for side missions, encounters etc.

I do that with most games. Did it on the way to platinum HZD, GoW and Spiderman.

Got this on XB1X so not bothered about achievements but I wanna do everything available then go back and get the gold standard in all the missions probably in a new save.

Soldato
Does the previous incomplete mission just disappear when you take a new one? I'm very near the start.
Took a mission from an author in Valentine to speak to three gunslingers, two of which I visited but then found myself back at camp, after a crazy detour after visiting Rhodes, and then took another mission to collect debts for Strauss. Now that previous mission seems to of disappeared. i.e. There was an icon on the map to meet the third gunslinger which has also disappeared.

Caporegime
Had to change back to "console" input instead of "PC" mode input as colours were being muted/washed out (very visible on last of us display settings), probably be down to the RGB setting and/or "dynamic" contrast being turned "off" for HDR when it should be set to "low".

Associate
Does the previous incomplete mission just disappear when you take a new one? I'm very near the start.
Took a mission from an author in Valentine to speak to three gunslingers, two of which I visited but then found myself back at camp, after a crazy detour after visiting Rhodes, and then took another mission to collect debts for Strauss. Now that previous mission seems to of disappeared. i.e. There was an icon on the map to meet the third gunslinger which has also disappeared.

They should still be there, try zooming out and looking for the white patches

Soldato
No idea what people are doing with tv settings etc but on my LG B6 in HDR Game mode I have no issues with a washed out picture or anything tbh. It looks stunning.....

I’m pretty sure most issues with this game are either a TV’s poor HDR implementation or bad settings tbh.

Pic taken with iPad...

e7ysf6.jpg
Same here moogley's with my LG C6 it looks stunning..

Caporegime
Had to change back to "console" input instead of "PC" mode input as colours were being muted/washed out (very visible on last of us display settings), probably be down to the RGB setting and/or "dynamic" contrast being turned "off" for HDR when it should be set to "low".

You can’t use the PC mode, you need to rename another input like the HDMI one to PC, that’s the issue I had earlier before figuring it out.

Soldato
Need to remember to manually save often. Picked up a hitchhiker who proceeded to steal my horse. Shot him down but also ended up shooting my horse and there was no option to revive it. Over an hour's gameplay lost when going back to the last save!

This is the only thing that has really annoyed me. He stole my horse, which is the one I get with Ultimate Edition. I've since realised I can go back to a stable and they will bring me my horse in an instant. Could I have just done this? Surely I can't loose the horse I basically paid actual cash for?

Soldato
I'm playing in first person mode pretty much all the time now. Controls are much much better.

Annoyingly I have a horse following me around for some reason now... No idea why.

Also something I just found out - I just jumped off of a roof accidently and there just happened to be a horse there. Arthur mounted the horse which I thought was awesome. Animation didn't miss a beat.

Soldato

I've completed this one now, but where do I find the original guy to give him the photos?

Soldato
How comes the prologue you use a bow to hunt deer, but later in game using the binoculars to study deer it says use a rifle for a clean kill?

On that note how do you keep the 3 star rating of a deer, would a rifle shot to the head be ok, Ive shot at body a few times but thats not enough and that causes me to lose the 3 stars of the deer.

Back
Top Bottom