Red Dead Redemption 2

Man of Honour
Does anybody know if theres a way to turn the annoying console-esque hold a key down thing? I just want to be able to press a key to do everything, not have to hold it down, like skinning and picking up etc

Soldato
I’ve just got this and having a play around with the settings. I can’t seem to move the quality preset slider from balanced. Is that right?

Edit is frame rate locked to 60fps too?

Have you unlocked advanced graphics settings? I think once you make changes to those it goes to custom.

Also frame rate is not locked if you turn off Vsync.

What GPU are you running?

Caporegime
Page is up on Steam, but can't be bought yet, just says not available, will unlock in xxxx amount of days, very surprised, as thought they'd have least had it up for pre-order, and pre-loadable, must be how R* want it, now they've got their own Store.

Soldato
Have you unlocked advanced graphics settings? I think once you make changes to those it goes to custom.

Also frame rate is not locked if you turn off Vsync.

What GPU are you running?

Titan x pascal. Yeah I’ve unlocked the advanced settings and got it to say custom, but I can’t move it to either side it’s just stuck in the middle...got v sync off but seems wierd when I run the benchmark it like 59.76 or something... glad I’ve got my g-sync monitor!

Associate
Has anyone noticed any difference when changing the Water Physics Quality slider, I have tried it at lowest and highest and can't see any difference at all, either with the water flow or effects when you walk through it

ne0

ne0

Associate
Has anyone noticed any difference when changing the Water Physics Quality slider, I have tried it at lowest and highest and can't see any difference at all, either with the water flow or effects when you walk through it

I can tell you that it's one of the most demanding settings in the game so you're better off turning it down.

After some tweaking I'm maintaining more than 60fps everywhere at 3440 x 1440 with everthing on ultra barring the following tweaks (system is in my sig):

Reflections quality - high
Full resolution SSAO - OFF
Water physics - 50%
Water refraction - medium
Near volumetrics quality - high
Tree tessellation - OFF (this one worth 10fps when looking at trees which is just insane)

Soldato

There is definitely an FPS drop with it on max compared to 3/4 which is default.

Soldato
Very smooth mate, I just turned off overlay and enjoyed the game. Benchmark on my settings I get avg 57fps this is with much higher settings than say digital Foundry recommended.

Really enjoying it.

hey shankly fancy posting up those settings? I’m going to try to use them with Titan x pascal

Soldato
hey shankly fancy posting up those settings? I’m going to try to use them with Titan x pascal
@TonyTurbo78
Hi sure here you go, They was a new setting added after I taken these called tree tesselation I have that off its a killer for performance.

430284598dbb280b6bffac40e7a79934b87c896ed7a36d01b04cfcf6e242441de5d550d3.jpg
259919597303c48b887071d7083c409179a9227b7999ca2ad4e8288524926f9c2f69e10f.jpg

468648114f71e5fe69050d1c7b5ae35e83ec9274aafda37a699aaafb83639180923b16f7.jpg

Ree

Ree

Associate
just had the dumbest thing ever happen i was skinning a croc which takes bloody way to long and bounty hunters came and i was locked into the animation then when it finally finished they were right next to me and i couldn't drop the skin so got killed and lost all my perfect skins on back of horse too.

Associate
Well, this game can be rightly aggravatin' sometimes.
1. Doing the first train mission and I failed it twice because the dumbass I was with keep gittin' hisself shot dead. I learned that I should dally and loot stuff whilst it's all going on.
2. I followed the story into a small settlement, did a quest thing or two and then found myself with the carriage gone back to camp and I'm stuck in town with no horse. Now bein' a gentleman of fine standin' I declined to steal someone else's horse but that means I have a lot of walking to do...

On another note, it booted up first time and after some tweaking settings plays just fine :) It pays to wait for patches

Soldato
I had one where I stole a cart for a mission, then I got approached by a buddy to start another one, then the cart just vanished and mission failed as the other one started o_O

Soldato
Why not whistle for your horse?
I spent most of yesterday wandering around and had walked from North St Denis, through Annesburg with a loop down to Rhodes without realising.

Associate

It does indeed have a missive effect on the FPS on mine ! To be honest it doesn't look that much better on ultra , just seems to flow a lot more and move more , Got mine on Medium and look nice still and doesn't kill the FPS.

Pretty much got everything else on ultra @ 1440p with 1080ti and game runs at 60 FPS. Games super smooth now since the last update

Caporegime
I know I've mentioned it before but the Honor system is really annoying sometimes, yesterday someone riding past drew on me for absolutely no reason I didn't even have the chance to defuse and he started shooting my horse.... obviously no way I was having that so blew his head clean off with the ol' shotgun and got negative honor.

Then people kept riding past and flagging witness for murder, spent 20 minutes chasing and hogtying people until just giving up and paying the $25 bounty :p

Back
Top Bottom