Red Dead Redemption 2

Associate
You get a "tut" and :rolleyes: for showing off. :D

Surely that's just typical BB speeds now, isn't pretty much everyone on Virgin 400mb+ ? Ideally I could do with 1gb... as our connection at home gets absolutely smashed 24/7 with various relatives and friends watching stuff on our Plex server lol.

... I think for next week Plex is getting turned off as well as the wifi lol

Soldato
Don't want it if I cant play it on ultra or whatever is max settings:(

I think you will be able to play at very high settings. It's not GTA rendering at 100 miles per hour and we know the current iteration of RAGE scales very well. TBH though I don't see many games you will be able to play maxed out at your Res with your hardware going forward. Some compromises will have to be made.
It will look amazing on your rig regardless.

Soldato
Was hoping for a proper leap in graphics like GTA 5 was when they brought it to the new consoles and PC, which didn't require "making it from scratch".

Other than extra FPS, seems like a waste if you have already played and completed the game.

I reckon if console was allowed to remove things like DOF, motion blur, vignette, chromatic aberation, it would be even less of a difference but hey, good to see people supporting double and even triple dipping :D :o

Was also going to say about sync tech but then xbx already had that too.... granted locked to 30 fps though.

Only main saving grace will be the mods unless they decide to try and lock that down like they did for GTA 5 at one point.

What you waffling on about lips :p:p. It's already s stunning looking game, much better than anything else out there, it doesnt just need to be enhanced massively because it's a new game that already looks drop dead gorgeous. Having it at a higher native res with unlimited fps with mouse and keyboard support is huge enough for a double dip.

Caporegime
What you waffling on about lips :p:p. It's already s stunning looking game, much better than anything else out there, it doesnt just need to be enhanced massively because it's a new game that already looks drop dead gorgeous. Having it at a higher native res with unlimited fps with mouse and keyboard support is huge enough for a double dip.

Meh :p

I still think there is going to be a lot of complaints about the controls as the "clunky" movement, animations etc. is part of the game (and what makes it such an immersive experience) and it is going to be even more exaggerated when using M+K with higher FPS and less input lag, can't wait to see this tbh, people thought GTA 5 was bad, they're in for a treat...... :D

Soldato
Lol, it's the best looking and most immersive game in years, don't think it needs anything more than 60fps and sharper visuals.

I guess most people will be bothered more about the controls than graphics.

Associate
You've obviously taken Virgin Galactic and gone to another planet mate. :D Virgin only covers about 44% of UK households.

Wow... never realised coverage was that poor, supposed I'm spoiled living around Manchester, as everywhere we've moved from/to has had full Virgin... well if it takes a few hours to download I wont complain in that case! haha

Soldato
Meh :p

I still think there is going to be a lot of complaints about the controls as the "clunky" movement, animations etc. is part of the game (and what makes it such an immersive experience) and it is going to be even more exaggerated when using M+K with higher FPS and less input lag, can't wait to see this tbh, people thought GTA 5 was bad, they're in for a treat...... :D

I just couldnt imagine playing a game like this on KB/M. I would jump straight to controller for any third person game of this style PC or not.

So tempted to hook the PC up to the TV to replay RDR2. I absolutely loved it, and didnt really stray too deep into side stuff /exploring out side of the early part of the game.

Everyone is in for a treat imo.

Associate
Probably going to pick this up around Christmas.
Started playing it on the Xbox One as it came with my console but never really got further than a few hours after the intro as I got distracted by other games.

Wow... never realised coverage was that poor, supposed I'm spoiled living around Manchester, as everywhere we've moved from/to has had full Virgin... well if it takes a few hours to download I wont complain in that case! haha
For some reason they're pretty much blocked out of the whole of Cornwall.

Man of Honour
I just couldnt imagine playing a game like this on KB/M. I would jump straight to controller for any third person game of this style PC or not.

So tempted to hook the PC up to the TV to replay RDR2. I absolutely loved it, and didnt really stray too deep into side stuff /exploring out side of the early part of the game.

For me its the opposite, having to use a weapon wheel would drive me nuts compared to being able to keybind the weapons and just hit a key. I also find moving around inventory systems and things a nightmare on a controller. For me, this is similar to Witcher or the Assassins Creed titles and I couldnt imagine playing any of those on anything BUT a KB/M

Soldato
For me its the opposite, having to use a weapon wheel would drive me nuts compared to being able to keybind the weapons and just hit a key. I also find moving around inventory systems and things a nightmare on a controller. For me, this is similar to Witcher or the Assassins Creed titles and I couldnt imagine playing any of those on anything BUT a KB/M

Completely fair, but I couldnt imagine playing those on KB/M Now ;)

Each to his own, it's a great game. Cant imagine how stunning it will look on a modern PC. mines running a 1070 and a pretty old processor but if I could run it on par visually to consoles but at 60fps, I'll be chuffed

Soldato

I stopped playing this on ps4 pro because of the aiming with a controller is horrible.

Like GTA a mouse for aiming makes the game so much more enjoyable.

Soldato
I stopped playing this on ps4 pro because of the aiming with a controller is horrible.

Like GTA a mouse for aiming makes the game so much more enjoyable.

True, a mouse for aiming will always feel better/ more accurate. I found it fine on controller, lots of options to tweak levels of assist etc.

But yep a mouse for that would feel great, but just movement in third person, riding horses etc I just would feel more natural on controller, for me!

Again not trying to start something, the kb/m vs controller debate will always come down to personal preference/, is situational for me.

Associate
For stuff like GTA, I tend to use a combo of both controller and KB&M.
Controller is for travelling around and then I drop it and switch to the KB&M combo for the action so I can aim properly.

I reckon this should be fine 100% on KB&M though in first person mode... assuming it'll launch with that.

Associate
Probably going to pick this up around Christmas.
Started playing it on the Xbox One as it came with my console but never really got further than a few hours after the intro as I got distracted by other games.

For some reason they're pretty much blocked out of the whole of Cornwall.

I have an Xbone, but it's not been switched on for over 3 years now... I was tempted, but then thought I'd just wait it out for the PC version, so as soon as it was on cdkeys, I had to get it!

That sucks... I'd move lol.

Man of Honour
True, a mouse for aiming will always feel better/ more accurate. I found it fine on controller, lots of options to tweak levels of assist etc.

But yep a mouse for that would feel great, but just movement in third person, riding horses etc I just would feel more natural on controller, for me!

Again not trying to start something, the kb/m vs controller debate will always come down to personal preference/, is situational for me.

I wonder if a lot of it has to do with what a person started out with, out of curiosity were you a console gamer before becoming a WASD gamer? If so that may explain it in part, I feel like a lot of people get used to one particular method and in the end that method feels more natural to them than the other. I really struggle with controllers, after decades and decades of keyboard playing it just feels so unnatural to me, which is a shame as there have been some good controller preferred titles over the years that I have missed out on because I just cant play with a controller properly.

Back
Top Bottom