1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by RoosterC, Oct 4, 2019.

1. agnes

Capodecina

Look at recommended specs, asking if a game that isn't out yet if it will run is just stupid. Noone knows.

Agreed, gsync is a life changer.

2. LeMson

Mobster

Freesync too, game changer for games, sucks playing anything without it now

3. Nexus18

Capodecina

Was hoping for a proper leap in graphics like GTA 5 was when they brought it to the new consoles and PC, which didn't require "making it from scratch".

Other than extra FPS, seems like a waste if you have already played and completed the game.

I reckon if console was allowed to remove things like DOF, motion blur, vignette, chromatic aberation, it would be even less of a difference but hey, good to see people supporting double and even triple dipping :D :o

Was also going to say about sync tech but then xbx already had that too.... granted locked to 30 fps though.

Only main saving grace will be the mods unless they decide to try and lock that down like they did for GTA 5 at one point.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  4. Tombstone

Capodecina

RDR2 was the only game which ever tempted me to buy a console, it was a title I very much wanted but ultimately even it wasnt enough to make me get a console and I remained with PC gaming. That its now coming on PC is one of the best pieces of gaming news I've had all year and I'm fairly sure that it will end up being my game of the year, very excited for the 5th Nov and cant wait to see its gameworld unfold before me

5. dannywaugh1

Hitman

I contacted cdkeys yesterday. They are apprantly going to be sending out emails the day before release.

6. sgavan

Wise Guy

I almost never pre-order games but this one has me really tempted, the cdkeys £45 looks like a good price

7. FlyingScotsman

Wise Guy

Got this pre-ordered from CD Keys, really looking forward to this one.

8. lurkio

Mobster

I have to agree, best PC purchase so far

9. ceaton88

Hitman

Do I buy this for £10 cheaper on cdkeys and risk not completing the download in time for release or do I just go straight to R* and start downloading now

10. TheSwede

Wise Guy

Up to you in the end but for your information, CDKeys have said they be sending out the keys the day before, so guess it be down to they having enough keys as well maybe ?

11. ceaton88

Hitman

Nah they will have enough keys bro its just whether the download will complete in time, we don't know what the bandwidth will be like

12. HaloUK

Wise Guy

Think I will go for the special edition.

13. TaKeN

Capodecina

I don't think it's worth the Premium, but it's your money :)

14. HaloUK

Wise Guy

Its only £7 more on CDKeys. Don't mind that. ;)

15. Tombstone

Capodecina

depends how important £10 is to you I guess. Look at it this way, a tenner is less than the price of 1 domino pizza, less than the price of 1 trip to the cinema, less than the price of getting 2 films on Sky Store, less than the price of 1 pack of cigarettes and equal to the price of a few pints in a pub. You'd have to weigh up how important that tenner is for you against peace of mind when it comes to RDR2 release.

16. willhub

Capodecina

Don't want it if I cant play it on ultra or whatever is max settings:(

17. phil-k

Wise Guy

I have the same setup but my 2500k is up to 4.4 and I have a gsync monitor.
    I don't have any problems playing any recent game on ultra including GTAV and Assassins Creed

18. ceaton88

Hitman

Thanks for the perspective lol, I have the day off work on Tuesday so I may just pay the extra and ensure I can use the time to play

19. Tombstone

Capodecina

Better safe than sorry as they say :D

20. KungFuSpaghetti

Wise Guy

Glad cdkeys are releasing keys a day early, as 150gb is going to take about 45 minutes to download, but that's on the assumption I get close to full speed on the download... which I'm feeling like I wont lol.