Red Dead Redemption 2

Associate
Are the instabilities only affecting 4K and ultra details and overclocked cards or is it everyone?
Getting a bit tempted at the current discounted price but if it's a bug fest for all, I may as well wait a bit longer.
I'd be running it on a 1070ti / i7 6700k /16gb at 1080p and obviously less than highest settings.

Soldato
Well, I still can't really play this. Not online, anyway.

Today my lad and I finally managed to end up in the same game. I lasted maybe three minutes before I got the disconnection alert.

Tried again. This time it took three attempts to even start a game in online mode for me and two for him. We eventually managed to get in the same posse again, then I crashed to desktop after a couple of minutes.

Final attempt, we got it running, went out and hunted down a bounty, all was going well, and... just as we rode into town I crashed to desktop again.

Ugh.

Associate
Are the instabilities only affecting 4K and ultra details and overclocked cards or is it everyone?
Getting a bit tempted at the current discounted price but if it's a bug fest for all, I may as well wait a bit longer.
I'd be running it on a 1070ti / i7 6700k /16gb at 1080p and obviously less than highest settings.

Not had a single crash or stutter. With the 1070ti you will have a mixture of med,high and ultra with roughly 55 to 60 FPS with some dips to 50. My settings are about a page back for the 1070ti.

Associate
Running at 1920x1080 on a 4k TV with res scale, FPS is between 55-60 but sometimes it will drop to 50. Settings below:

For sharpness use the setting from pcgamingwiki, make the file read only. But read what it says below. Every time you go into the graphics settings the game resets the setting. Making it read only makes the game boot with the setting but avoid going into graphics settings after. IMO it looks better then the sharpness setting in the nvidia CP.

Increase sharpening beyond the in-game limit through the config file[14]
  1. Go to the configuration file(s) location.
  2. Open system.xml in a text editor.
  3. Find the sharpenIntensity line (e.g. <sharpenIntensity value="1.000000" />).
  4. Increase the value as desired (e.g. <sharpenIntensity value="3.800000" />).
  5. Save the file.
Accessing in-game Graphics settings will revert the changes.
Setting the file to read-only will preserve the chosen value for the next game launch.

Settings in the spoiler
XxXzoYN.jpg
vbQyDR1.jpg
pgHA0wg.jpg
AnRzWgS.jpg
NcNJdUs.jpg

Thanks for this, literally a game changer! Im still using the hardware unboxed(ish) settings and just increased the sharpness from 1 to 10 and it's perfect now. Fps hasn't changed at all from what I can tell either.

Just for reference I'm 120% power limit, +225mhz core and memory +500. This sharpen image setting is making me think I can 100% wait for next gen GPU's, because I've almost pulled the trigger on a 2080 a few times now!

Soldato
Finished the main story last night. What a fantastic gaming experience it has been. I Would place the story ahead of Witcher 3 and the environment ahead of everything else.

Now starting the Epilogue.....

Associate
Finished the main story last night. What a fantastic gaming experience it has been. I Would place the story ahead of Witcher 3 and the environment ahead of everything else.

Now starting the Epilogue.....
When I have finished I am going to start over again, this time without it crashing and freezing, and try and do everything in each area

Back
Top Bottom