Red Dead Redemption 2

Caporegime
The main storyline is quite long and the cutscenes are worth watching. Its a slow paced game for the most part and I would be surprised if anyone just got on with it and didn't spend hours just hunting animals or seeing the sights.
Always something going on like most Rockstar games.

Some of the side quests are well worth doing.
I'm not going to spend hours just staring at scenery, my back catalogue of games to get through is too long to spend so much time on one game. Of course I will do side missions, but we were specifically talking about completionism, which is something else. :)

Soldato
I hoped they would expand the game with DLC into the Mexican part as featured in the original game on consoles. The fact that the Mexican area is actually there and that you can cross the river and ride across it is a mystery. There are buildings inc the old fort from the first game but no people or animals so apart from a quick visit there is little point unfortunately

Soldato
I hoped they would expand the game with DLC into the Mexican part as featured in the original game on consoles. The fact that the Mexican area is actually there and that you can cross the river and ride across it is a mystery. There are buildings inc the old fort from the first game but no people or animals so apart from a quick visit there is little point unfortunately

I think the game went the same way as GTAO If they are making significant money in RDRO then they will bail on the DLC just like they did with GTAV.

Soldato
I am still annoyed there is no RDR1 remake already.

They already have the world built! And almost all the assets! Just rescript the missions and off you go, PC gamers could finally enjoy the series in full.

But nope, that'd make too much sense.

Soldato
DLSS is up and running and it's a really impressive bump in performance.
Along with my adaptive sync, looks pretty awesome now LOL

Might hop back in and give it another run through with all the whistles and bells.

Soldato
The patch in itself seems to have given me a bump in performance so much that I don't need DLSS on. Result!

Oh, didn't even know this was a thing until I hopped back in this thread! I was running everything max at 3460x1600 and my FPS was more than enough (I think around 80fps) with a 3090. I could be off, but it was a good chunk of change above 60fps. I might boot it back up again and see how it runs now! I know I removed the blurry AA options and stuck to 2x MSAA which was jaggie here and there but much clearer than FXAA and the other option.

Soldato
Sadly, yes. I hate it when games do that.

Thanks, sigh.....

It's getting to the point where my system tray is going to extend to meet my Start menu in the opposite corner. Well not quite, but so many games launchers etc.

Don't want to pay the difference for the Steam package, so hello RS launcher.

Edit

Ok bought and redeemed, how big..........................120GB, oh ok.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom