Red Dead Redemption *SPOILER THREAD*

Soldato
Well properly finished the game now, thought it lost the plot at the end with having to do all the mundane jobs that you started the game doing should have just had Ross kill you straight after doing Bill; him coming after you out of the blue made no sense whatsoever :confused:

Having done the story now I'm little confused as to why my Fame isn't as high as it could go likewise that I haven't made over $10,000 :confused:

Might do a bit of exploring to see if I can get a couple more of the trophies but no way will I stick with it to get 100%

Associate
I can safely say that the final missions are some of the worst piece of game design I have ever seen in my life. Why on earth did they think it would be fun to go back to doing cattle herding and shooting crows?

Associate
I really enjoyed the last couple of missions, they where necessary to give the ending some meaning which I also thought was very good. The final dual could have been a bit better tho.

Associate
They could have made them more enjoyable and still achieved the same effect. I mean one of them consists of riding for 15 minutes and shooting 4 elk. I honestly felt like I was back in the tutorial phase.

Soldato
So John just bought the big one. Saw it coming, but I suspected that his ranch would get burned down, his wife raped and his kid shot in the process. Would have preferred it that way as his son is whiny on the horse.

Are there no credits? I'm mopping up the last few bits and bobs with 98% completion on the clock.

Caporegime
I can safely say that the final missions are some of the worst piece of game design I have ever seen in my life. Why on earth did they think it would be fun to go back to doing cattle herding and shooting crows?

I love the last missions, it was the rest of them that were boring imo :p Something different to:

"Oh I couldn't possibly do that for you, not until you go here and kill this person" x30

Soldato
The farm missions at the end were just to try an allure to the fact that John's life had gone back to normal before his death came along.

You could have just got to the farm and then they could have skipped all the character development there with his son, wife, uncle and Bonnie and had a cutscene leading up to his death... but that WOULD have been boring.

It was fun because all the farming stuff mean't you knew that something was going to happen, it was just a case of when.

The only thing that I personally thought about the ending was as to why they went all out to kill John, especially after helping them. You would have thought they might have just arrested him, which we did see they allowed to do with Javier and nearly with Bill Williams. Again though, wouldn't have made as interesting an ending.

Somebody here mentioned that they'd like to play DLC where you go after John's killers. Well, you already pretty much do that if you do the stranger mission to go after the FBI man and get the ending of the game.

I don't see who else you would be going after, other than soldiers and such who were just ordered to do it.

Caporegime
Oooh so there's something else to do afterwards? Where do I trigger that?

Zoom out on the map and there is some purple circled area called something like "for my family" or something like that. I think it is technically a stranger mission, but when you complete it you see the end credits (then the game continues in sandbox mode).

rp2000

Man of Honour
Help required folks.

Have recently bought RDR and am doing ok except for one thing. Duels.

How does one do it ?

The way I see it, time slows and the crosshair turns red and white and you press right fire when it turns white to build up the level but that is as far as I can get.

How do you get past that ?

Help a dejected John Marston fill Tobias Wheldon full of lead.

Caporegime
Help required folks.

How does one do it ?

The way I see it, time slows and the crosshair turns red and white and you press right fire when it turns white to build up the level but that is as far as I can get.

1) When time slows down wait till the enemy draws his weapon and then press L2 to draw yours.
2) You will see the Red bar (enemy) fill a certain amount to show your target to beat.
3) Move the cursor around to various body parts tapping R1 to place a shot (I just move the cursor to his head and tap R1 10 times-ish)
4) Eventually the shooting will start and whoever had a bigger bar will win. You have no control of when the shooting starts.

In essence it is pre determind how much red bar your enemy will have (based on difficulty of duel), and also how long the dead eye mode stays will be predetermined. You just have to shoot on his body as many times as you can before the shooting starts. It is hard not to have a full blue bar once you understand the above steps. As yet the toughest duel I had the enemy had a bout 3/4 of the red bar full.

rp2000

Soldato
Help required folks.

How does one do it ?

just aim 1 shot for his gun hand simples, you get a disarm and win the duel straight out. Then you get to do whatever you want with him afterwards...

Soldato
Zoom out on the map and there is some purple circled area called something like "for my family" or something like that. I think it is technically a stranger mission, but when you complete it you see the end credits (then the game continues in sandbox mode).

rp2000

Cheers matey, killed that FBI guy completing the game and 100%-ing it. I've only got the kill 500 people with a mounted weapon achievement and most of the multi-player achievements to go but I'm not sure if I can be bothered.

If I'm honest if it wasn't for the achievements I might have sold this game without completing it, it didn't draw me in as much as I thought it would. Beautiful game at times mind.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom