Red Dwarf XI and XII

Soldato
Yeah the me2 one.

I just still can't get to grips with kryten as he looks like his mask makes him looks like he is sad all the time with the way his mouth curves. Its really off putting and makes me sad that he looks so badly made and sad.

Soldato
The change of mask was due to needing to fit glasses behind the mask, Robert won't wear contacts.

Really didn't gel with the Rimmer episode, however I didn't like Epi 3, but loved it after a 2nd viewing.

Still awesome being back on TV, much better than the old series

PayDay Lover
Associate
Not seen ep4 yet, but ep3 was great for me. The whole Kryten and deleting info from his memory had me proper laughing. Also the lift and Rimmer was great

Soldato
He became a hard light hologram during Legion (S6E2).

technically Rimmer didn't. Not the current Rimmer anyway!

Original Rimmer left to go be be Ace in Stock Me a Clipper (S07E02).Current Rimmer gets recreated by the nano bots along with the rest of the crew and the ship in series 8, but in Back to earth (series 9) he was a hologram again. Don't think it was explained why but it's assumed new Rimmer is also hard light.

edit: oh no wait, the last episode of seaons 8 was Only the Good, guess he must have died at the end then. It was just never clarified.

Last edited:
Soldato
Liked episode 5. Another strong one for me. Thought the whole talking to the universe thing was a bit hokey though tbh.

Really good series imo. In terms of tone and structure of the episodes it is very similar to series 5. In fact, it would fit in perfectly between 5 and 6.

Maybe it is just me, but I don't even notice they have aged tbh. It never even enters my head when I'm watching it.

Associate
First half had a bit of a "Legion" vibe, which is one of my favourite episodes. A few weak, drawn-out-too-long jokes though (the pronunciation bit mainly).

Soldato
technically Rimmer didn't. Not the current Rimmer anyway!

Original Rimmer left to go be be Ace in Stock Me a Clipper (S07E02).Current Rimmer gets recreated by the nano bots along with the rest of the crew and the ship in series 8, but in Back to earth (series 9) he was a hologram again. Don't think it was explained why but it's assumed new Rimmer is also hard light.

edit: oh no wait, the last episode of seaons 8 was Only the Good, guess he must have died at the end then. It was just never clarified.

I`m sure from the Legion episode it was assumed when Rimmer has a blue tunic its hard light when he has a red one its soft light. When he first became hard light he was wearing blue. Sure I've read it somewhere possibly one of the books.

Soldato
^^ I didn't realise Dwarf had that much depth, I have watched this episode hundreds of times and seemingly never paid a blind bit of attention. Is it too much to hope that the continuity issue between series gets addressed somewhere down the line in a mind-boggingly clever way?

I'm not as excited for these new episodes as I was for Series X, which is annoying as they seem to be much better. However I'm still watching them with a sense of trepidation as well as only a vague interest. The Rimmer monster was sadly just ever so slightly too naff for me, coupled with the stronger than usual notion that they are rehashing old plot ideas. I think Episode 2 has been the best one so far, probably due to the gags being of a more adult orientated nature in line with current times - I can't remember hearing the word '********' in any previous episode (and I think the closest they have previously come to skeletons in certain positions is Lister grinding away in VR).

Last edited:
Associate
Watched episode six. I enjoyed and had a few laughs. The series has been pretty good so far.

Still a little disappointed with Craig Charles acting so far. He hasn't been able to capture Lister's character at all.

Back
Top Bottom