Red Dwarf XI and XII

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Robert Llewellyn's over acting was the bigger problem for me and apart from the first episode which was a total let down the rest of the series was pretty good. :)

Soldato
Excellent!

It really is amazing how they have managed to revitalise the series the last few years. I thought 10 and 11 were both pretty strong(11 much better though, and honestly one of the best series imo).

Soldato
I have to say I have mostly always loved the series only one I truly dislike is when it initial returned and went on the corrie set (back to earth I'm sure it was called) where it just didn't flow right

Soldato
Is anyone seriously expecting any semblance of continuity in Red Dwarf?!... Lister has had about 4 different origins, his appendix removed twice, his relationship with Kochanski rewritten. Rimmer has had his last words changed etc.

They just write whatever they feel like at the time. You have to just accept it.

Soldato
Watched the first episode last night. I'm not sure what to think of it... some moments I was horrified but some genuinely made me laugh.

The Hitler actor... it was too much, it just got cringy and uncomfortable, and the guitar scene went on too long as if the director had no self awareness. Also moments like the beginning card game, the crew when they were younger maybe would have pulled it off but it just seemed a bit tired.

Regardless it was good to see them again, personally I'd rather they focussed on the crew and their situation for an episode rather than bring other people into it, just to get grounded with what's going on a little bit more. I'm hoping the rest of the season gets better.

Soldato
Man, can't believe they keep going with this.
I was as big as Red Dwarf fan as you could get back in the day, had all the books, T-Shirts, bloopers VHS tapes etc etc...
Loved it to death.

But it really needs to go away now.
I mean, is adding camp characters what passes for comedy these days?
And wasn't it always about loneliness and being lost in space. Stop adding a new cast of characters each episode.

I dunno.... maybe I just grew up.
I'll keep the Red Dwarf Posse as they are in my mind, from seasons 1-6 :)

Soldato
Whoa, whoa, whoa...

No.

I think Season 4 was the best, but season 3 had some of the best episodes/moments.

'Marooned' was simply amazing, how funny they could be, just the two of them in Starbug. "I almost dropped me skateboard". "12?! You can't have been a fully paid up member of the Golf course?"

'Polymorph', perhaps some of the best moment ever. "The only problem with that is the abbreviation is..."

Associate
Whoa, whoa, whoa...

No.

I think Season 4 was the best, but season 3 had some of the best episodes/moments.

'Marooned' was simply amazing, how funny they could be, just the two of them in Starbug. "I almost dropped me skateboard". "12?! You can't have been a fully paid up member of the Golf course?"

'Polymorph', perhaps some of the best moment ever. "The only problem with that is the abbreviation is..."

Don't forget series 5 had the inquisitor and Back to Reality (wasn't that voted best ever?) plus others

Soldato
For me it's
2 - Better Than Life, Queeg, Stasis Leak, Thanks for the Memory, Kryten. Easily the best imo. However the last episode is possibly the worst ever imo
11- really liked it.
7- hit and miss.
3. Really think it's one of the weakest, Marooned aside. Not a fan of Bodyswap or tineslides.
8- still has its moments. Cassandra is a very good episode. Up with the best.

I think every series has its moments tbh... And every series has its duds. I really liked the most recent series. I thought it was very strong overall.

Last edited:
Associate
Don't forget series 5 had the inquisitor and Back to Reality (wasn't that voted best ever?) plus others

I didn't even mention Quarantine - in series 5. Just checked a list of "the best episodes ever" and it was No1. No 2 was Back to Reality. And the brilliant Inquisitor was an underrated 7th. And the remaining three were also top quality.

Back
Top Bottom