Red Orchestra (2) : Heroes of Stalingrad

It looks like a game from 2005?

Nooooo you're not allowed to say that about RO. You can bash COD for using a modified quake engine, but you aren't allowed to bash RO for using UT3 engine. Don't ask me why though :D

Its always felt like a game that at least attempted to do something different to other FPS offerings and for that alone I may well end up buying it. BUT RO always felt 'clunky' to me and no where near as smooth to play as BF at the time. Plus there just wasn't the interest in it at the time with the people I knew online.

Soldato
I think the point being, if youre playing this game for the graphics youre missing the point, and will be much happier elsewhere.

RO was 'clunky' because it was a mod and had all the development time that means, think of CS 1.6 vs CSS. Im not really too worried about the graphics provided they have captured the immersion of RO. A lot of people who were happier with quake style gameplay didnt like RO and IMHO that translated into a much more mature player dynamic with teamplay being paramount. Thats not to say you didnt get ****hats, just not as many.

Associate
I've got high hopes for this game, and even though I'll be playing a lot of BF3 this year upon release, this will be a close 2nd..... and miles ahead of MW3. :D

Hope to really have a great server set up for this, with Teamspeak 3 channels available for each side as required with a few good Admins online to keep things running well.

Just over 3 weeks to go and I hope they release the server code a day or so in advance to get them set up prior to launch.

Associate
How annoying. I heard about the pre-order on Tuesday whilst reading forums at work and planned to buy it as soon as I got home. Got home and....Internet has been cut off! Im in limbo after ending my Sky contract and Im going to have to wait until Monday at the earliest until Plusnet activate my service.

Anyway, will deifnately be preordering as soon as I can. I loved Red Orchestra, it's innovation and its realistic approach to FPS. I lost countless hours to it, and have been waiting for this sequel with baited breath.

EDIT: Once this is out, it would be nice to know where all you guys play. I never joined a clan, I dont really have the time, but it would be nice to have a few regular servers where I could play against like-minded people.

Link in sig for steam group : )
I'm in a clan that appears to be going their own ways with bf3/mw3. A few of us will be playing RO, ill put details in the group!

Associate
Don't know if anyone used to play on Splat server here but I'm told they will be doing a new server for RO2. We used to have a large bunch of regs playing there with good teamwork, was pretty good at the time

Hey there, I remember you from the splat server, you were pretty legendary! That was years ago now, I can't even remember what I used to call myself back then... but hello!

I look foward to the HoS splat server!

Associate
Thanks :) . I played the crap out of that game, maybe too much. Trying to get back into it again.

Theres a bunch of players I remember, same names each night

Associate
Wasn't so sure about buying this with CoD and BF3 coming up, but as Steam have decided to give 20% off for those who own the first game, i'm finding it hard to say no. :)

Are people buying the Standard or Digital Deluxe version..

Last edited:
Associate
£20 for the standard edition... SOLD! Cancelled my amazon order.

Im not really sure what the point of the digital deluxe version is? Why pay an extra tenner to unlock guns that you can unlock just by playing the game?! :S

Soldato
£20 for the standard edition... SOLD! Cancelled my amazon order.

Im not really sure what the point of the digital deluxe version is? Why pay an extra tenner to unlock guns that you can unlock just by playing the game?! :S

If you already own RO1 it's only an extra £4.00 for the deluxe edition on steam,don't know where the extra tenner has come from?

Associate
I think the main reason most would get the deluxe edition is to the get the beta access, and its only £4 extra for a total of around £24 (if you have RO1 on steam), can't really complain when that is the going rate for most new releases on PC.

Back
Top Bottom