Red Orchestra (2) : Heroes of Stalingrad

Associate
I've got you. Your right, this game will be nothing like arma 2. Arma 2 is marketed as, and is known for, being practically a military sim. This is different because its, like other multiplayer fps's, a casual game. But the first game was hard to pick up for people because of things like slower walking/running, bolt actions, massive recoil on smg's, no perks. Things like that.

Soldato
realism. I see many here moan how this is too realistic yet Arma 2 has gotten huge praises in this forum and IMO cant see this game being as realistic and hardcore as Arma 2 so why are people moaning?

There's COD and there's Arma2. Red Orchestra falls about in a middle but closer to arma2 I say.

Hence it has people from COD who say its too realistic thus boring and people from arma2 saying this is not realistic enough.

Soldato
I've got you. Your right, this game will be nothing like arma 2. Arma 2 is marketed as, and is known for, being practically a military sim. This is different because its, like other multiplayer fps's, a casual game. But the first game was hard to pick up for people because of things like slower walking/running, bolt actions, massive recoil on smg's, no perks. Things like that.

im 100% certain perks where not invented yet when the first game came out?

i think people should give this a go

Soldato
I was being slightly sarcastic mentioning perks. Cod4 was around a year or so later iirc. Not everyone will have played the game from release either, I didn't.

But comparing RO1 to a game that came out over a year later expecting RO to have same features as the latter is crazy mate.

Did u also expect bad company 2 to have same features has battlefield 3?:D

Associate
Your really confusing me here. All I was saying is that people who were used to the more mainstream FPS's, found the gameplay and general dynamics of RO1 much slower in comparison. And as such found it harder to pick up and get into.

When I mentioned perks I was just listing a couple of things that were different with the game compared to other titles that were around at the same time. Or when they first picked the game up.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Anyone know when we're able to pre-load this through Steam? Wanna get it all out of the way now before it goes live.

Back
Top Bottom