Red Orchestra (2) : Heroes of Stalingrad

Soldato
I re-downloaded this and tried firing it up again, brand new OS install on SSD, latest Nvidia drivers on a GTX570 and it crashes out during the loading screen.

Before when I had it installed sometimes it would crash and sometimes it would play but then only at around 10fps or something stupid. 20fps with medium settings. Crysis plays fine (30fps) on 2560 x 1440, max everything

Don't get this piece of **** game, I want my money back

Soldato
Love the game, wish there were more players. Its way more tactical than most and I do get people may have been expecting something else... well, maybe the classical mode will change that. Anyway, the mods should be out at some point hopefully thatll get more players in.

Permabanned
Also, I fired up red orchestra 1 recently...used to play it loads and enjoyed myself immensely and there was always loads of people playing.

There was a grand total of about 100 players, in all the servers. And when I joined the fullest server it was half full with bots.

So not only does ro 2 suck immensely, its stolen most of the audience of ro 1. **** I hate ro 2.

Soldato
quite liked the game but its now dead but I guess was to be expected with bf3's release.I agree with the ut3 engine being yuck I can't wait until there a new engine out rather than that one.

Soldato
Seriously, all the sadness! Lol, play reality, full 64 player servers only. Theres 2 or 3 so you pretty much have to wait for a slot to get free. The full servers are all reality, much more fun. If you want to wait for RO1 style gameplay, classic mode should be out/out soon. Then theres also the pacific addon so should be quite a lot to do. Now that I know the maps so well its getting a bit meh, needs something new. Some tips:

- Pick a weapon and stick with it. After you've got through a couple of levels, sway is reduced and you become quite accurate, have a faster reload etc. This should disappear with classic.
- Choose the assault rifle or the elite rifle. Make sure you switch to alt fire mode and hey presto you have a semi auto rifle with a 10 round mag. Leave it on normal and you have 3 round burst weapon with 0 accuracy,
- Buy an SSD, getting into a new map first means you get the pick of weapons. If you join half way through a map you're just going to be sitting it out with a rifle.
- If you choose the sniper rifle and find yourself with no weapon, its because someone has nicked it off you. Random players get a battlefield commission where they get to choose their weapon and its invariably the sniper. This unfortunately leaves you with a rifle for the next 2 rounds.
- DON'T choose squad leader for a while. They have + points for capturing and have the smoke grenades, both of which are really important to winning a map. It'll be pretty obvious you have no idea what you're doing and pretty quickly have people screaming at you.
- Leave the game when fallen fighters happens, its a dire map. Unless you want to practice sniping.
- get into the boxes on your map / stop the enemy getting into theirs depending on the map.
- choose reality - the normal mode shows where you shot from when you kill someone - why? who knows, its stupid.
- Only play on full servers. the map are too big for anything less than 64 players.
- Remember to change spawn points. Starting in a spawn point closer to the action makes a difference. You have to select the spawn point every repawn or it defaults you to 1, which is rubbish.

Finally and most importantly - this isnt BF3. Rifles are accurate at range. Expose yourself for too long and you will get shot. Quite frankly, if you want to have a BF3 type experience, play BF3.

Last edited:
Associate
Got bored of it because it offers nothing new, it's ok if you want a ww2 shooter but same game modes as other games.. same amount or less guns than other games.. nothing really exciting. Shame. I got invited into that Rising Storm alpha test but they make you jump through all sorts of hoops to be able to participate

Soldato
I would probably go back to this game if it had a proper rush objective style game mode, and maybe a ctf or BF3 style conquest mode. Just making sure you enough people in a blue/red box limits the replayability of the game for me, it just gets samey very quickly.

Soldato
I still find it a fantastic game just I can't actually join a server unless a friend joins it which is a right pain. Some time ago they messed up the server browser and still havn't fixed it even though there are numerous bug reports about it :/ .

Back
Top Bottom