Red Orchestra (2) : Heroes of Stalingrad

Associate
after watching the videos i ordered it.

as i said previously it reminds me of the first Call of Duty United Offense back when COD was good.

I have noticed that they have made animations for peeking round corners and its little details like this that really add to the atmosphere of the game making it feel really immersive like the days of gaming when i was younger. Graphics seem fine, of course they arent record breaking but for this type of game it will do the job fine and still visually it looks nice.

Associate
Seen this one?

00trollface.jpg

Associate
Doesn't look from the videos to be near-sim like the first unfortunately, but does look close to old-school CoD which would be quite nice.

I was really looking forward to hardcore simming, resting my rifle on a bust wall to draw a bead on a guy 300m away though.

Soldato
If they manage to capture the complete chaos of WW2 close combat fighting then it will be more than worth it. The 1st time I ever played DOD the atmosphere was immense, some games just fail to get anywhere near that.

Associate
What's wrong with the visuals?

I still play Red Orchestra to this day, and that is based off the old unreal engine, graphics don't seem to matter when the game play is this good.

But this one they have moved onto Unreal 3 and I think the graphics look awesome!

Combined with the atmosphere that this game will have in spades, this is a must buy (already pre ordered :D)

Caporegime
1 problem i see in this game and its very evident from some of the vids. Your character seemingly at random starts to talk, not exactly the most handy feature in the world if you're sneaking around a building.

Permabanned
Is it audible to the other team?

Not sure how it is in other games but I would have thought it isn't audible to the other side, bit of a gaping hole in the tactical side of the game.

Back
Top Bottom