Red Sea / Houthi rebels situation

Soldato
Iran has deployed its troops to Yemen, they are assisting with drone and missile attacks on sea vessels

I guess getting blown up in Ukraine wasn't enough for the Iranians, now they wanna get blown up in Yemen too

Last edited:
Soldato
I assume you're referring to the events of Oct 7th. As far I know none of the stories of mass rapes, babies in ovens or beheading have been verified. Quite the opposite, witnesses say most of the destruction and death was caused the IDF.

Go ahead, lie to yourself, cus no one else believes that BS.

This isn't about something which happened decades ago. Palestinians are being driven out of their homes and lands even today.

I'm sorry, but I still don't care. Absolutely nothing justifies the barbaric escalation that Hamas brought about. They deserve everything they get. I am sorry that civilians are getting in the way, but I am afraid that's what happens when you start a war. It's horrible, but Hamas can not be allowed to do that again.

The war didn't start on Oct 7th. Maybe Hamas underestimated how bloodthirsty the IDF is or maybe they wanted the world to see their true colours. Up until a few weeks ago I empathised with Israel and believed most Palestinians who were murdered were up to no good or in the wrong place at the wrong time. But the IDFs actions in Gaza has changed that view.

Israel is doing what has to be done. It is tragic, but there really is no other way.

Soldato
Iran has deployed its troops to Yemen, they are assisting with drone and missile attacks on sea vessels

I guess getting blown up in Ukraine wasn't enough for the Iranians, now they wanna get blown up in Yemen too

Iran keeps getting away with it's "stirring" in that region. I for one will not care much if a few Iranian troops get bomber in Yemen.

Permabanned
Go ahead, lie to yourself, cus no one else believes that BS.

I'm sorry, but I still don't care. Absolutely nothing justifies the barbaric escalation that Hamas brought about. They deserve everything they get. I am sorry that civilians are getting in the way, but I am afraid that's what happens when you start a war. It's horrible, but Hamas can not be allowed to do that again.

Israel is doing what has to be done. It is tragic, but there really is no other way.
errmmm no they could stop but money and land say they can't ... it's not a war if they can't fight back .. those gas reserves are very tempting aren't they ... this is nothing to do with Hamas this is money and land .. nothing more .. Israel has turned Nazi

Man of Honour
Attacks in and on Erbil but the US is saying none directly targetted them.

(Iran claiming the targets are Mossad sponsored assets).

Last edited:
Caporegime
Leftists have now decided that slavery is OK when the Houthis do it.

The support, or even psuedo support of radical islamic groups by the far left is one of the most perplexing things about their ideology. Radical/Orthodox Islam pushes laws and values that are the complete antithesis of everything the left stands for.

I understand that innocent civilians being caught in the crossfire of all this is deeply sad, but these people (Hamas, Houthis etc), are objectively horrendous people with awful ideologies. I have no doubt that they would murder us all in the west if they had the capability to do so with no recourse. This means that whilst these conflicts are horrible, they are necessary.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Are these "far left" people really supporting pro radical islamic groups or is it just a case of anything but the west?

Its just part of the uniform really.

Last edited:
Associate
Think a lot of them think the UK and US are actively supporting Israel against the Palestinians and so far aren't calling for a ceasfire, and many have a rather dim view (being polite) of that. That's completely up for debate - what isn't, is the fact they fallen hook line and sinker believing that a) Houthis = Yemen b) That they are only stopping Israeli ships, those owned by, or those going to Israel. What doesn't really help in these situations is the fairly recent past of the UK and US meddling in the Middle East.. but on the specific point about Yemen.. they've completely lost the plot.

Soldato
It all goes round and round

The Greeks have been helping Russia to move its oil, Russia is friends with Iran and Iran is friends with the Houthis

Back
Top Bottom