Red, Yellow, Green, Brown, Blue, Pink and Black. It's the General Snooker Thread!

Associate
The thing Ronnie has is an aura, I imagine the younger players playing him are already beaten mentally. When he is not personally fighting his demons the guy is by far the most talented player to have ever played and been 48 is just unbelievable he must have some very good muscle memory, I am sure when I hit 48 my eye sight will be drastically worse than in my 20s :D

Associate
Snooker won't be the same when the class of 92 finally departs. The world championship will probably move to China in the future too.

Still, the snooker shootout is this week though and that's a fun change of pace.

Soldato
Ronnie is indeed different class.

He’s a genius at snooker. To be able to still do it. You have to play Ebdon/Selby boring and slow as **** to have a chance against him consistently or simply play out of your mind which no one can really do against him more than 2 or 3 times.

Soldato
The thing Ronnie has is an aura, I imagine the younger players playing him are already beaten mentally. When he is not personally fighting his demons the guy is by far the most talented player to have ever played and been 48 is just unbelievable he must have some very good muscle memory, I am sure when I hit 48 my eye sight will be drastically worse than in my 20s :D
I can confirm, being 48, your eyesight and body will be shot to pieces by then :cry:

Caporegime
OP
Smurph (Shaun Murphy) did a 147 at the snooker shoot out this afternoon. Edge of the seat stuff, it was very gripping to watch. Not only a 147 but to do it with a 15 then 10-second shot clock as well.

Last edited:
Caporegime

Is Jimmy White sick? He lost a lot of weight a few years back but in this he really looks even thinner than the last time I seen him on tv several months ago.

Soldato
Masters started yesterday and is on BBC, Ronnie got off to a great start against Ding this afternoon to go 4-0 up, but Ding has dug in and the comeback in on... Currently attempting a maximum.

Soldato
Ronnie looks a bit off the boil this afternoon, few surprising errors, Hawkins won't have a better chance to get a rare win over him... But Barry is making some careless errors too. Odds on for 3-3, first to six.

Last edited:
Soldato
Judd misses frame and match ball against Carter, a cut-back red similar to the Davis miss on the black ball decider against Taylor. :eek:

Can Ali clear up to take match to deciding frame, including a nasty pink between green and middle pocket on the cushion? Nudged the pink out, but a great pot, yes he can! :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom