Red, Yellow, Green, Brown, Blue, Pink and Black. It's the General Snooker Thread!

Soldato
Its the tables to some degree, the pockets are very fussy this year and its suited Jones. Maybe he practices on a table that is quite unforgiving or something, the man has not even been in a quarter final all season and all of a sudden he is in the mega final.

Last edited:
Soldato
Feels like it's been a while since we had consecutive new world champions.

On paper it should be an easy win for Kyren, but it's been a crazy tournament and both my finalist predictions crumbled half way through their semis. Jak was the lowest ranked qualifier at 44, but he's often taken advantage of opponents missing easy balls, while not missing too many easy ones himself.

Hopefully they both play well and are not a bag of nerves over the potentially four session final.

Soldato
Yeah it's never really over when it comes to snooker.

I think it's been a pretty dull tournament this year, but I find by the time we get to the semi's, all 4 players are usually on pretty good form, quite evident in the Wilson Gilbert match.

Anyone ever been to the crucible? I'm gonna try get tickets on Sunday

Never been, but my GF has always wanted to go, so I'll be trying to get tickets in a few minutes! Still not sure what to go for, the final would be nice, but don't want to to end up paying £600 for 2 frames!

Might go for one of the semis instead, better make my mind up quickly!

Soldato
Feels like it's been a while since we had consecutive new world champions.

On paper it should be an easy win for Kyren, but it's been a crazy tournament and both my finalist predictions crumbled half way through their semis. Jak was the lowest ranked qualifier at 44, but he's often taken advantage of opponents missing easy balls, while not missing too many easy ones himself.

Hopefully they both play well and are not a bag of nerves over the potentially four session final.

Everyone should have beat Jones on paper but yeah I think it will end up something like 8 or 9 frames to 18 for Kyren

Back
Top Bottom