Reddit is dying

I have an Reddit account but rarely use it, I know one of my colleagues used to use it for IT tech help and found it a great resource.

Wasn't aware of any coins.

Last edited:
Was going to post the exact same thing.

It's like buying in game currency. Once you've spent the £, there is no longer any intrinsic value to it.

In fairness if I remember right they were originally pitched as a fun way to help fund Reddit, back in the days when people believed startups might become anything other than relentless revenue funnels. But I can see why people would attach meaning to their collections.

I only ever use Reddit if I'm searching for something specific and it comes up in one of the results.

Using it on a daily basis, just no, why would anyone do that. Whole place is spam central not to mention terrible hard to use layout. Much rather waste my time online or better sites, such as OcUK. :D

Every time I hear about reddit these days it's almost always in reference to the ridiculous moderation and power mad staff behind it who appear to be little more than the online wing of antifa who bring their ridiculous politics to their online role as well.

I hope it collapses

Every time I hear about reddit these days it's almost always in reference to the ridiculous moderation and power mad staff behind it who appear to be little more than the online wing of antifa who bring their ridiculous politics to their online role as well.

I hope it collapses
What the hell does antifa have to do with power hungry mods that have existed since the very first day forums existed?

Reddits a cesspit filled with mods on a power trip

A good example of this are the screenprints posted on Twitter from some true rating forum on there.

Quite attractive girls post their faces and users give them a rating... but if anyone dares give a rating that differs more than a fraction of a point from the supposedly "objective" opinion of the moderator they get a warning and then a ban.

Like literally hot girl posts a photo, someone rates her "7.5", a Mod comes in "ackchually, chin too pointy 6.8, first warning for overrating, see FAQ" etc.

It's absolutely insane like it literally defeats the purpose of having users give ratings... they might as well have the moderator give the ridiculously harsh attractiveness ratings for everyone.

Last edited:
What the hell does antifa have to do with power hungry mods that have existed since the very first day forums existed?

Go look at one of the twitter accounts detailing the extremist partisan nonsence that masquerades as moderation on that site....

Some older examples below

Want proof of the assertion Donald Trump hates black people? You’re banned. You refute the claim “genital Surgery is not performed on minors in the states”? You’re banned. Post a link to an Associated Press story about how “South Africa begins seizing white-owned farms“? You’re banned from ever posting in that subreddit again.

A good example of this are the screenprints posted on Twitter from some true rating forum on there.

Quite attractive girls post their faces and users give them a rating... but if anyone dares give a rating that differs more than a fraction of a point from the supposedly "objective" opinion of the moderator they get a warning and then a ban.

Like literally hot girl posts a photo, someone rates her "7.5", a Mod comes in "ackchually, chin too pointy 6.8, first warning for overrating, see FAQ" etc.

It's absolutely insane like it literally defeats the purpose of having users give ratings... they might as well have the moderator give the ridiculously harsh attractiveness ratings for everyone.
That's hilarious though.

Regardless of the power hungry moderation and worthless Internet coins etc, no one can deny the fact that reddit is a huge repository of valuable info.

I cannot even imagine how many times I have found the answer to a obscure and specific issue I have encountered on a variety of subjects from software to mechanics.

It's something definitely I consider as essential as Wikipedia / Stackoverflow / XDA Devs / Wayback and a few Kwak fourms.

Reddit users finally realising the sun doesn’t shine out of its arse. A cesspit of people on a power trip and clique groups that have never heard of a different opinion.

That is the bad side of Reddit I admit. There is some really ****** stuff on it but also some really useful stuff. You just have to learn to filter out the bad.

Reddit users finally realising the sun doesn’t shine out of its arse. A cesspit of people on a power trip and clique groups that have never heard of a different opinion.
Whilst I can't speak for every user I don't believe most folks thought the way the site functions was anything other than a mess once everyone got familiar with the sadly natural consequences of letting people upvote/downvote.

Back
Top Bottom