Reddit is dying

That is the bad side of Reddit I admit. There is some really ****** stuff on it but also some really useful stuff. You just have to learn to filter out the bad.

I don't want to "filter out the bad". If nasty stuff exists to be filtered out then whole thing is rotten. That's why it's a crap show and I don't use it whatever the positives may be.

All the users who feel it's ok to flit around the horrible stuff and still use the site are wronguns. It's not a nice place.

P.S. coins. lol.

Like literally hot girl posts a photo, someone rates her "7.5", a Mod comes in "ackchually, chin too pointy 6.8, first warning for overrating, see FAQ" etc
Wow.

I had to go search.

74E3pCx.jpg

I don't use reddit anymore, killing off third party apps was the dealbreaker for me because it's basically unusable with the official app. I modded a couple of subs, one had 10k subscribers and the other had just under 25k but myself and the other mod have quit and deleted our accounts so those subs will eventually die due to being unmoderated.

I don't want to "filter out the bad". If nasty stuff exists to be filtered out then whole thing is rotten. That's why it's a crap show and I don't use it whatever the positives may be.

All the users who feel it's ok to flit around the horrible stuff and still use the site are wronguns. It's not a nice place.

P.S. coins. lol.
Get a grip.

Let me try to put this in physical terms that you might understand.

Think of reddit as a city, it has many different places that cater for many different people.
Every city has an "underworld" that is full of horrible stuff.
It is policed, as best they can.
The people in the city visit the places they are interested in.

So with that in mind, do you frequent a city?
Have you been on holiday and visited a city?
Does that make you a wrong un?

Get a grip.

Let me try to put this in physical terms that you might understand.

Think of reddit as a city, it has many different places that cater for many different people.
Every city has an "underworld" that is full of horrible stuff.
It is policed, as best they can.
The people in the city visit the places they are interested in.

So with that in mind, do you frequent a city?
Have you been on holiday and visited a city?
Does that make you a wrong un?

Let me guess the reply will be something, something, lefties, woke, greta...

Reddit is actually great once you get past the big subreddits. I've found smaller ones really useful for technical help in the past.

It is a tremendous source of information hence why they don't want to give it away for free.

Meanwhile Twitter is charging people so that they can spam users and have their messages at the top of the list.

Wow.

I had to go search.

74E3pCx.jpg

Yup, that's the one! :D Edit - seems to be the same mod as the other screen shots I've seen too!

And like the women posting there (or at least from what I've seen from screen shots posted on twitter) are fairly attractive... the moderation of that sub forum is just insane! :D

Last edited:
Let me guess the reply will be something, something, lefties, woke, greta...

There will be no response from me that includes any of the above.

@CaNsA No grips required. Why do I have to think of it as a city. It's a website. As such can be controlled / managed differently even if the number of people involved are similar. Comparing as such is silly. Anywhere that allows deviants to bloom should be shot down (not in an American school way) and it's always surprised me that people here and elsewhere can happily turn a blind eye to this type of behaviour while happily using the product.

I just got an email about changes to my premium account. I have no idea why I have a premium account. I don't pay for it. Anyway, apart from the loss of coins (I never use them) it says I will now get ads from September. Well if I get ads and an adblocker doesn't stop them then I won't bother using it. There are some useful subs on there but nothing I will miss a lot. I use it a lot less after the subs went dark for a while. Stopping won't be a big deal.

Edit: Just re-read the email and it says I either have a premium account or have unused coins. It must be the coins that caused the email. I doubt I have premium as I never paid for it.

Last edited:
It's a shame if at worst Reddit goes completely or at best Reddit just goes to pot. I never liked "social media" (really hate that term), but I did like Reddit because that was the nearest it was to being a forum. Also, it was easier to stay away from politics than Facebook and Twitter, and there don't seem to be influencers on there, or at least not any that I've inadvertently stumbled upon.

Wait.

One of the alleged problems with third party apps was that people were bypassing adverts. That wasn't the third party apps filtering them, the Reddit API simply didn't serve adverts.

Now we're forced to use the official reddit app (which is rubbish) and have to see adverts.

But paid (premium) members don't get adverts.

And now they're changing things so that paid (premium) members will get adverts?

To quote both Trent Crimm, The Independent and Rebecca Welton: "Is this a ******* joke?"

Back
Top Bottom