Reddit is dying

A good example of this are the screenprints posted on Twitter from some true rating forum on there.

Quite attractive girls post their faces and users give them a rating... but if anyone dares give a rating that differs more than a fraction of a point from the supposedly "objective" opinion of the moderator they get a warning and then a ban.

Like literally hot girl posts a photo, someone rates her "7.5", a Mod comes in "ackchually, chin too pointy 6.8, first warning for overrating, see FAQ" etc.

It's absolutely insane like it literally defeats the purpose of having users give ratings... they might as well have the moderator give the ridiculously harsh attractiveness ratings for everyone.
Did you just boil a 56 million daily users "forum" to some weird rate this girl photo? Super odd.

@CaNsA No grips required. Why do I have to think of it as a city. It's a website. As such can be controlled / managed differently even if the number of people involved are similar. Comparing as such is silly. Anywhere that allows deviants to bloom should be shot down (not in an American school way) and it's always surprised me that people here and elsewhere can happily turn a blind eye to this type of behaviour while happily using the product.

There's a few things to unpack here, I'll try to respond to each bit of gibberish.

- You don't "have to" think of it as a city, but it is a very apt comparison. Thousands of people in one place, many businesses, homes, buildings all for specific uses where people gather for specific reasons.... Just like subreddits.

- Yeah, crime, drug abuse, other nasty stuff is getting really well controlled and managed in all cities everywhere.
I really think you have no clue as to the number of subreddits there actually are. Anyone can create one... r/Tab_n_Mangos could be created at anytime by someone anonymously. Imagine trying to police that.

- "Deviants" Well, that comes down to what the individual deems to class as deviant.
You may have a Mango Kink, but I do not. Would it be right for me to class you as a deviant because I don't find Mangos attractive in a weird way like you might?

- "Blind Eye" Just because you don't agree with something that someone is doing, or is interested in, does not mean it is a nasty, horrible or illegal thing.

Last edited:
A good example of this are the screenprints posted on Twitter from some true rating forum on there.

Quite attractive girls post their faces and users give them a rating... but if anyone dares give a rating that differs more than a fraction of a point from the supposedly "objective" opinion of the moderator they get a warning and then a ban.

Like literally hot girl posts a photo, someone rates her "7.5", a Mod comes in "ackchually, chin too pointy 6.8, first warning for overrating, see FAQ" etc.

It's absolutely insane like it literally defeats the purpose of having users give ratings... they might as well have the moderator give the ridiculously harsh attractiveness ratings for everyone.
What a bizarre forum, is that really a thing?

Yes.

74E3pCx.jpg

Reading comprehension is not your strong point. It was posted as an example of the sort of thing being discussed, no one said anything about all 56 million daily users.
Odd archetype to pull out of Reddit behaviour though, no? I read it perfectly fine and you even responded in your second sentence, so the first sentence of your post is completely redundant.

Reddit is terrible I don't know how anyone uses it. It's impossible to find stuff on there, the structure is terrible, the replies/topics are ordered in weird ways, and the ads are everywhere.

I only ever use it if someone posts a link to some information there, and even then with a direct link it is still hard to find what you're supposed to be looking for.

Reddit is terrible I don't know how anyone uses it. It's impossible to find stuff on there, the structure is terrible, the replies/topics are ordered in weird ways, and the ads are everywhere.

I only ever use it if someone posts a link to some information there, and even then with a direct link it is still hard to find what you're supposed to be looking for.
It's exactly like twitter. Either browse r/all and see what's popular, or spend the time in subscribing. It's great tbh, just takes years of tweaking to get right.

There is no better place on the internet to get news and opinions on specific topics than Reddit. Interested in Steam Deck news, there's a sub Reddit for that. Ukraine news, a subreddit for that. Have a very specific problem with Windows? Just Google the problem and type "Reddit" at the end of the query and you will most likely find a solution to your problem by real people.

It is sad to see it being ruined by the leadership.

Reddit must adapt. Using Reddit is an opportunity to be blessed with meaningful responses provided by the people.

Reddit is terrible I don't know how anyone uses it. It's impossible to find stuff on there
just use google restricting search to inurl:.reddit (just like similarly finding stuff on amazon) - agree with others that you can find some interesting advice

that looks like the game Mornington crescent ie a mock game where people make humerous criticism of one anothers suggestions (like many threads)
The ostensible aim is to be the first to announce "Mornington Crescent", a station on the Northern line. Interspersed with the turns is humorous discussion amongst the panellists and host regarding the rules and legality of each move, as well as the strategy the panellists are using. The actual aim of the game is to entertain the other participants and listeners with amusing discussion of the fictional rules and strategies

Wait, If Reddit dies then where will all the hundreds of dodgy "news" sites & TikTok/Youtube creators get their material from?

You know the ones that just regurgitate posts from such subreddits as AITA etc
There's way more tiktok and Twitter ***** on Reddit than there is Reddit ***** anywhere else.

The front page of Reddit is repost central with the rest being made up by creative writing and rage bait.

On the gaming sub i visit now and then if theres news breaking you'll read it there first on the other hand most of it is vitriolic garbage outside of the sub everyone regards it as a cesspool and they're not wrong

Back
Top Bottom