Report Website Mistakes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I was playing with the "configurator" earlier, and noticed little descriptions of what each component does etc. Some of these descriptions require a bit of an update.. for example under the graphics card selection it reads:

"Graphics card is responsible for displaying all that you see. If your looking to play games especially the latest titles such as Crysis then you need to consider a high-end graphics card that is upto the task or even Crossfire or SLi configurations."

Note reference to crysis - there are numerous other similar things which could do with a re-write.

Sorry for my OCD :)

Associate
I noticed a lot of errors in Event Viewer, and I noticed they only occur when I'm exploring overclockers.co.uk!
The event is:
The following fatal alert was generated: 43. The internal error state is 252.
Event ID: 36888
This has something to do with SChannel, and TLS. But I don't want to disable TLS in Internet Options.
In terms of actual symptoms I notice that very often various pages within Overclockers sometimes don't load first time, and I often need to refresh several times for it to load. Also, when ordering a PSU last week, again a page wouldn't load, and annoyingly on that occasion the page that wouldn't load was the confirmation page! So I was unsure if the transaction had gone through. (It had, thankfully).
This is using IE11 in Windows 7 by the way.
Any ideas?

Last edited:
Associate
Someone whoops ;) News section on the overclockers site is blank and only the archive is available to view:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/news.php

News Archive:

July 2015
June 2015
May 2015
April 2015
March 2015
February 2015
January 2015
December 2014
November 2014
October 2014
September 2014
August 2014
July 2014
June 2014
May 2014
April 2014
March 2014
February 2014
January 2014
December 2013
November 2013
October 2013
September 2013
August 2013
July 2013
June 2013
May 2013
April 2013
March 2013
February 2013
January 2013
December 2012
November 2012
October 2012
September 2012
August 2012

Associate
Not sure if this is a website mistake or not, I posted in General Forums with no reply, I've tried on several machines now with different browsers with the same error

Been trying to subscribe to your news feed for several weeks but keep getting the same error

firefox 39:

From the link on the main page, I get the same when trying to subscribe to the feed directly through firefox

XML Parsing Error: XML or text declaration not at start of entity
Line Number 2, Column 1:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>

Chrome 44:
This page contains the following errors:

error on line 2 at column 6: XML declaration allowed only at the start of the document
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

Soldato
Not sure if this is where it should be mentioned but I have noticed on my home internet and work internet that when clicking on "Reviews" on any product there is a significant delay (8 seconds?) before it will load up.

It maybe just a coincidence but I am using Chrome at home and IE 11 at work. It has been like this for some time for me in both locations.

Soldato
Not strictly website, however.
This may be something I've done but dont get email regards replies to threads anymore. Not changed anything via my profile page/panel .

Anyone else or just me?

Soldato
Order confirmation email wording

Just noticed incorrect wording on an order confirmation email I've received today (usually don't real them that thoroughly!). The lines detailed in the order show the cost as "each" but then show the total cost of that quantity of items, rather than the individual quantity. Error only shows up when ordering more than one of an item.

For example, if I was ordering 2 x fans at £5 each and 3 x HDDs at £50 each, the order confirmation email reads
Code:
Your order consisted of the following items:
Fan x 2 at £10 each
HDD x 3 at £150 each

Rather than the correct
Code:
Fan x 2 at £5 each
HDD x 3 at £50 each
or
Code: