*** Resident Evil 2 Remake ***

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I know what you mean, but I think that RE7 proved that its getting to the point now where actual 3d graphics can be as detailed as pre rendered and give that same detail, creepy look to the world. I'm hoping they put a lot of effort into adding that detail to this game, it did look like they have from the trailer.
I doubt they could get the same detail personally as they could probably get a lot more detail in now than they ever could back then. We are still far away from photo realistic graphics, I think they could come close to that now if they went pre-rendered, but it would probably be a lot of work and there would be a lot of people who would not appreciate it and complain so they would not take that chance financially.

On another note, waiting hear something on Daymare 1998. I am also looking forward to that. It is slated to be released Q3 this year, hopefully we will see some information about it yet at E3.

Soldato
Did RE2 have the tape ribbon things to save the game and do we think the remake will have too? I missed the first 3 RE games the first time around and bought the RE1 remake a couple of years back. I never got through it though because of limited save mechanic - I understand it's supposed to add to the tension of the gameplay but I don't play a single game for consecutive hours; I'm always playing 4-5 game each day for around 45 minutes to an hour each. This keeps me interested and ensures I complete most games that I start but having limited saves due to these ribbons prevented me from continuing with the game as I couldn't just stop playing and save the game when I felt like it. So annoying as I really want to experience the whole game...

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
There were plenty ink ribbons in those games, unless you are used to F5 every two seconds and saved every time you walked past a type writer I am struggling to understand how anyone can run out. Hell I completed the whole game once in a few hours with no saves whatsoever back in the day to get a higher rank at the end.

Resident Evil 2 was not a big game as I recall. If you saved every say 30 minutes, there would be more than enough ink ribbons.

My guess is there will be checkpoints and normal saves as these days anything less and people will complain. There will also be a mode for old school people who prefer the extra tension hopefully.

I remember on my first play throughs I would push it and not save, it would add to the tension. Did screw myself a few times though, but was all part of the fun :p

Soldato
There were plenty ink ribbons in those games, unless you are used to F5 every two seconds and saved every time you walked past a type writer I am struggling to understand how anyone can run out. Hell I completed the whole game once in a few hours with no saves whatsoever back in the day to get a higher rank at the end.

Resident Evil 2 was not a big game as I recall. If you saved every say 30 minutes, there would be more than enough ink ribbons.

My guess is there will be checkpoints and normal saves as these days anything less and people will complain. There will also be a mode for old school people who prefer the extra tension hopefully.

I remember on my first play throughs I would push it and not save, it would add to the tension. Did screw myself a few times though, but was all part of the fun :p
Ok that's encouraging to hear. It probably is me just being too nervous and afraid to use the ribbon - I never actually ran out of them it was just the thought of not being able to save when I wanted that was putting me off playing it. I must, must, must go back to it - I'm such a big fan of all the games from 4 onwards (I even liked 6) that I need to back and do the first 3...

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Ok that's encouraging to hear. It probably is me just being too nervous and afraid to use the ribbon - I never actually ran out of them it was just the thought of not being able to save when I wanted that was putting me off playing it. I must, must, must go back to it - I'm such a big fan of all the games from 4 onwards (I even liked 6) that I need to back and do the first 3...

Definitely go back and play the originals man, in my opinion they are the best. May seem strange for a while with the tank controls, but you will quickly get used to it ;)

In my opinion Resident Evil is 0, 1, 2, 3 and CV. After that it stopped being Resident Evil and story changed, gameplay changed etc.

Played the original on N64, back in the day™. This looks exactly what I was hoping for from a remake. Very happy, and it's releasing on my birthday. :D

Lucky you :D

I had a N64, but played it on the Playstation before it was out on N64. Never got to play the N64 version sadly. Not sure if there was any improvements. But I did play it on the GameCube :)

Probably played and completed it well over 10 times over the years, hence why I am so happy to see this release. So much nostalgia :D

Soldato
I doubt they could get the same detail personally as they could probably get a lot more detail in now than they ever could back then. We are still far away from photo realistic graphics, I think they could come close to that now if they went pre-rendered, but it would probably be a lot of work and there would be a lot of people who would not appreciate it and complain so they would not take that chance financially.

Well RE7 looked close enough for me. It really felt like you were exploring a creepy, run down house. If they can put that sort of detail into this remake i'll be happy.

Gfx have come a long way since RE4, so it wont be a bunch of copy and paste assets like that was. Back when RE1 remake came out pre-rendered was the only option to get that sort of detail, but now its getting to the stage where you don't have to use pre rendered backgrounds and can still have a highly detailed world that looks realistic enough imo.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Well RE7 looked close enough for me. It really felt like you were exploring a creepy, run down house. If they can put that sort of detail into this remake i'll be happy.

Gfx have come a long way since RE4, so it wont be a bunch of copy and paste assets like that was. Back when RE1 remake came out pre-rendered was the only option to get that sort of detail, but now its getting to the stage where you don't have to use pre rendered backgrounds and can still have a highly detailed world that looks realistic enough imo.
I suppose everyone has their own expectations. I am not complaining, I am happy with the graphics I saw in the trailer from one seen that looked like in game footage. But pre-rendered could have looked a magnitude better imo.

Hopefully this sells well as I would love to see them remake 3 and code veronica. Then maybe go remake the remake of the original :p

I am looking forward to the next consoles in hopefully 18 months so we can push graphics to the next level :)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
They have really changed a lot in the game. For us Resident Evil 2 veterans it will feel like a new experience, as it seems more like a re-imagining. A small part of me is disappointed, as I did want the same game but with additions to it like Resident Evil Remake did, but another part of me is very happy because it will be more of a fresh experience :)

They seem to have blended RE2 with RE7. I even see some similar assets used.

They have changed other things too, like the iconic Licker scene never occurs in the same place. There are a lot more cops and we see things we never saw in the original.

From what I saw there were no type writers for saving progress, not surprised about that.

Overall happy with what I saw. Cannot wait until release :D

Oh and who was playing that game? No sense of direction/awareness and poor aiming ability to boot :p

Soldato
Hopefully this sells well as I would love to see them remake 3 and code veronica. Then maybe go remake the remake of the original :p
I'd love to see a remake of CV, but it seems to be hated by a lot of Resi fans for some reason, so not sure they would consider remaking it. It's one of my favorite games that i bought a Dreamcast just to play when it was exclusive to that platform. I'm guessing a lot of the hate comes from the PS2 version that they made a lot of changes that made it look a bit too cheesy.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I'd love to see a remake of CV, but it seems to be hated by a lot of Resi fans for some reason, so not sure they would consider remaking it. It's one of my favorite games that i bought a Dreamcast just to play when it was exclusive to that platform. I'm guessing a lot of the hate comes from the PS2 version that they made a lot of changes that made it look a bit too cheesy.
I played it on my brothers Dreamcast at the time. It was so great. It is certainly in my top 3-4 favourites. Not sure if 3rd or 4th now. Time to make a new list :o:p:D

1- Resident Evil 2
2- Resident Evil
3- Resident Evil: Code Veronica
4- Resident Evil 3
5- Resident Evil 0
6- Resident Evil 7
7- Resident Evil 4
8- Resident Evil 5
9- Resident Evil: Revelations
10- Resident Evil: Revelations 2
11- Resident Evil 6

Resident Evil 7 could have been higher, but the story is not as gripping or memorable for me. Do not care for Ethan or any of the cast. Was refreshing as hell playing it vs Resident Evil 6 though, but anything would be after that abomination.

A lot of people loved RE4 but to me it is where Resident Evil franchise took a wrong turn and started going down hill. Great game for the time, but it should have been used as a separate IP or something imo.

Back
Top Bottom